My son is going on 6month what should his feeding schedule look like?

His daycare is pushing for me to give him baby food the pureed food he gets his 7oz of Similac and hes had cereal since he was 4 1/2 going on 5 months old and i rushed into giving him baby food before because they keep pressing the subject and he had a reaction to one of them but i don;t know which one .Now my question is when should i introduce him to juice? and the sippy cup? how often should i give him the Similac? Is Similac more fattening then pureed food ?

firstimemommy21

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Gen

Answer by Gen at 1:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Don't let them push you into anything you don't want to do. I bf our baby now but with DD we FF. I gave her a sippy around 5 months I think and pureed food around 6 months. You can give juice now but water it down a bit. Very acidic juices (Like OJ) may be hard on his system right now.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• We started with a sippy cup around 7-8 months with all of my kids, but only with water (they can't have a lot of water, but at first they get very little out of it anyway). You CAN do juice around 6 months, but we didn't until after a year due to the high sugar content in all juices. You can start solids anytime between 6 and 12 months, but you don't ever need to do purees. When mine were little, I gave them whatever fruits/veggies we were having for meals mashed with just the back of my fork, or cut in small pieces - never did purees at all. But you should introduce one new food at a time, then wait 2-3 days before introducing another one so you can watch for reactions and then you will know what the food he was reacting to.
    Yes, formula has more fat in it than pureed foods, which is why they need it to be the mainstay of their diet for the first year - they need the fat.

Answer by missanc at 10:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2011