Who else is on a 4 day school week?

I was just wondering how popular this budget cutting option is becoming?

Our district is going 4 days a week starting this fall, the kids will go about 45 minutes longer a day. The inservice days the students used to miss will be absorbed into the Fridays. I think that in itself is a bonus. I am anxious to see how the longer day goes. Even being just 45 minutes, I'm a little nervous for my 9 year old son especially. LOL

Jessica157

Asked by Jessica157 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• no what they do here is every other wednesday they get out early. last year was the first year to do it. I first I thought how wonderful, but it wasnt all that great. I was going to school myself and I cherished those times when the kids were in school to do homework. I graduated in June so I guess we;ll see how it goes this year.
    i would be concerned with single parents and day care only going 4 days. I can see the benefits but also the hassle some parents may face
    GypsyMoon605

Answer by GypsyMoon605 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2011