What should and shouldnt i do during pregnancy?

I just found out a few days ago that I am pregnant. It is a complete shock for me. I have no idea on what to expect or what to eat or how much sleep or excerse I need. I need help on basicly finding out what to do and what I need for my pregnancy. EX: how long does morning sickness last? I been in the bathroom 3 nights in a row. EX: when will i show a baby bumb??

bab60815

Asked by bab60815 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• morning sickness lasts as long as it wants too. baby bumps don't show until about 5 months, if it's your first. after your first it's a bit earlier. they wont' set your first doctors appt (after confirmation) until you're about 12wks, depending on the doctor.

unless the doctor tells you otherwise, you don't really need to change anything. other than taking a prenatal. just remember you are NOT eating for 2.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• you should work out, not just walking either, i mean REAL working out. you can google the benefits of real exercise while pregnant. eat normal, don't ever eat. pregnant does NOT mean eating for 2 people. don't listen to the pregnancy taboos about food or anything for that matter, they aren't true. the ONLY thing you can't do while pregnant is take heavy medication. just relax. the best thing to do is NOT act like you're pregnant. just live and eat like you normally would
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Also my biggest fear is that i smoke and i had no clue i was pregnant and i have been for about a month and i been smoking. how much damage will i cause to my baby?
    bab60815

Comment by bab60815 (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• every single breath of air you breathe goes directly to your baby through the umbilical cord
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Morning sickness - could last the entire pregnancy - every pregnancy is different. If you are already working out, continue to do so, but let your trainer or class instructor if you have one. Let your doctor know your exercise routine. Start taking a prenatal vitamin. Don't change your eating habits unless they are crappy and just start eating healthier, just not more.

Baby bump - all depends on the person some get one as early as the 2nd month, some don't get a good baby bump until the 4th or 5th month.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Get an appointment and talk to your doctor about some kind of quit smoking program.
    Anonymous

• Could i have caused that much damage in a month? I stopped cold turkey once I found out. And my husband even stopped smoking as much. My pregnancy is the best thing that has happened to us. And I never wanted to smoke while I was pregnant.
    bab60815

Comment by bab60815 (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• your baby should be fine as long as you stop smoking now. i too smoked the first month or so before i found out i was pregnant. ask your doctor just to be sure though. i didn't smoke often, maybe 4 times a day or so. i was more of a social smoker....
    Anonymous

• THANK YOU ALL!!
    bab60815

Comment by bab60815 (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• The first 3 months are the most critical months in the babys development. Smoking can cause a numerous amount of things to go wrong in your pregnancy ! Smoking has thousands of toxins in them..NO ALCOHOL (not even a drop). Alcohol too will cause numerous amounts of things to go wrong with the baby.
    Morning sickness will usually last from week 6-8 to week 14-16. When i was pregnant with my daughter i only puked 1 time each morning (waited to long to eat) but with my boys i was sick all day long,everyday up until i was around 14-15 weeks. If your vomiting gets to out of control talk to your doctor about Zofran, its the best anti puke pill they can give you and its safe to take while pregnant. That was my miracle pill while i was pregnant. I couldnt of went without it. Congrats on your pregnancy, take care of your body. As for exercise they say not to over exurt yourself, swimming is fine, walking, yoga,pilates. No Crunches tho
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2011