I'm sorry, but I just can't keep this to myself anymore. adult content

I found this site before I discovered my pregnancy, when I was just suspecting it. I had very confusing and conflicting symptoms, and not a single person to turn to. I don't have health insurance, so I wasn't going to pay for a doctor visit to be told I wasn't pregnant, and I couldn't get a positive test until now. I didn't try to get pregnant, but I'm going to step up and get ready to be a parent.
What I want to say is that while I looked through here for answers, I saw a lot of other people who were confused and looking for answers as well. I also saw some people being SO incredibly rude to them (and to me), and it makes me sick. The whole point of a page like this is for pregnancy-related questions, whether it's about a confirmed pregnancy or someone like myself that wanted answers when they didn't have anywhere else to turn. It's like some people automatically look down on the ones that aren't sure If theyrr pregnant or not.
Not everyone is an expert on this stuff. I never even wanted kids before this, and only knew about as much as "I bleed every month". Not everyone can run to the doctor for everything, and not everyone knows someone with experience that they are able to feel comfortable asking for advice. This is a place meant to answer peoples' questions, so why are some people treating those that have certain questions like idiots when they're probably stressed enough. If you dont want to answer a question, ignore it. Don't mock them because they maybe experiencing something confusing or new to them.
Pregnancy symptoms are not in black and white terms. Some people are different. Some bleed, some don't. Some can get a positive test easily, and it takes a longer time for others.
Just because you had an easier time finding out if you were pregnant does not make you better than those that did not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• How old are you??
    Anonymous

• I agree that some answers can be extremely rude, but honestly no one here can tell you if you're pregnant no matter what the symptoms are. If you had sex you may be pregnant, simple as that. I don't mean to be rude and hopefully this doesn't come off that way....

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• You said it - NOT EVERYONE IS AN EXPERT ON THIS STUFF!!!! This is were you go to your local health department or free clinic if you don't have insurance and ask there.

My answer is always that if you have had unprotected sex, then there is a change you could be pregnant. Wait til you are a month or more past your cycle being late before you pee on the blessed stick and that a digital test is more accurate and easier to read than the old double line tests.

No bashing in my answer. Just common sense.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I think the reason most people are rude is because a lot of people ask if they are pregnant and no one can tell them if they are. I agree that people come on here for support or because they have no where else to go for advice. I usually skip questions if I cant answer them . I dont like to make people feel stupid because I know how it feels. I've asked some questions on here and people answer sarcastically. I'm not stupid and I know that no one can predict when I'll have my baby. I've never asked if anyone knew when. But the end of this pregnancy is so different than my 1st one so I dont know everything. But agree with you. Everyone is different and needs support, not people who are gonna look down on them when they ask for advice if or if something is normal.

SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I don't see why that matters. I'm not being obscene. I just think some people should be more considerate. The whole purpose is to ask and answer questions, but it seems that some peoples' questions dont deserve respect, apparently.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• You are going to run across some Rude Answers but, for the most part there are some Awesome Mommy's here wanting to help someone out with a question or problem- you just have to let the Rude ones roll off your back & ignore them b/c they are sitting right there waiting to get a Reaction like you just gave them.. Congratulations on your pregnancy:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 1:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• It's one of the most frequently asked questions on this forum and it's not anything any one can diagnose. Everyone has different symptoms and we wouldn't want to get someone's hopes up by saying, "yes! you're pregnant!!" or dash anyone's hopes by saying, "no way, not pregnant." It's a difficult because people are looking on cafemom for real definitive answers and we are all here with some kind of experience with a little advice to give. It you need real help you need to go to a clinic. If you're looking for support, direct your question more towards your fears instead of a yes or no answer.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 1:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• All I'm tying to say is that I, and hopefully everyone else knows the people here aren't doctors by any means (well, maybe a few of you are or have jobs in the medical field), but personally, when I couldn't figure out if I was pregnant or not, I wanted imput from several people as to if what they went through was anything like what I was going through. I wanted something to go off besides Google articles, because they normally only explain what happens to people on average, and my whole life, I've somehow always managed to fall into the minority when it comes to the way my body reacts to things, as it seems to be in this case as well. So, I wanted to hear from different moms.
    Some people were sooo helpful, but a few made me feel like throwing my phone across the room, because I was a bit offended.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• If you had the resources to find this group, then you've had the resources all along to learn more about your body other than "I bleed every month". Knowledge is power. I suggest you get some!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• honestly people can be rude and they dont take into concideration the fact that your new to this or that your scared some people have always had their parents right there to tall them everything or never really had to find out anything on their own it was all handed to them so when other people ask the are rude because its nothing to the... mommy and daddy prolly still take care of them and do everything for them without expecting them to grow up and thats what it is they need to grow up....
    P3anut

Answer by P3anut at 3:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2011