How can i stay postive? adult content

I live with my mother and brother and my bro is 5 yrs, long story as to why i stay here.
My mother is negative...and i mean negative it gets so annoying bc im fine all day and as soon as she gets home she puts me in a negative mood, And she wonders why my brother is always mean to her....hello do u not see that hes copying ur mood? Well she does and he has tryed to stop being negative but it never works. When my bro is around me he actually listens and everything, we actually communicate, oh and yes i support my self 99% besides the fact that i cant help her with rent for the time being...And i also understand that shes busy and what not but i seem to do EVERYTHING around here. She doesnt even clean up half the time, yes i understand i need to help but damn she lives here and helps make the mess and then on top of it she complains about it when im busy and cant get to it , it like hell u live here to u do it, and her excuse is...She has to study..all the time 24/7 so the point in this question is, how do i stay in a positive mindset? How do i keep my child from learning the attitude from her? Hopefully he`ll just copy me and not her.So does anyone have any advise?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Try finding a CoDA meeting in your area. You may not be codependent, but there is a room full of people who understand what it's like to grow up with negative, hostile, lazy people, who don't pull their fair share. You may get good advice there on setting boundaries and accepting your mother and her child without feeling the need to change them. Their lives belong to them, yours belongs to you. Just focus on yourself and your baby, and get out of there when you can. Stand up for yourself, but choose your battles. Best of luck. I know it's not easy. *hugs* http://www.coda.org/
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 2:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• you have to try searching for family conversations to a better communication or you must move by your one separatly if theres no cooperation.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2011