should my baby be having 6oz if he is 3 months and a week?

im not a new time mommy this is my second time around doing this but just still wanted to see what opinions i can get.. my son illian was born prematurely he was 32 weeks when he was born so a month and a half early..so i was still curious for basically should he be eating 6oz or is that alil pushy because he dries the entire bottle so he eats it fine but is it still ok in other mommys thoughts?

prettym0mmiie

Asked by prettym0mmiie at 3:11 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I think the best way to figure how much a bottle fed baby should take is to calculate 1/2 ounce per pound. Does he weigh about 12 lbs? If so, then 6 oz is great.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 3:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• If he wants to eat it and you're not pushing him to finish a bottle, then don't worry about it. Don't ask about numbers - your baby is unique. He'll let you know when he's full.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 3:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My sons 3 months and he drinks 6 oz.... not everytime but most of the time. Dr. said its fine, he will let you know when he doesnt want anymore by either stoping drinking or hell just throw it up. He doesnt eat as many times a day though when he drinks the full 6 oz either so i wouldnt feed him 6 oz every 3 hours. If your really concerned ask his doctor
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 7:08 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• my son is 6 weeks and he drink about 3 1/2 oz per feeding
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:12 AM on Dec. 17, 2008