Is age 3 hard for u?

Just wondering if anyone else is having a hard time with the age 3? I had no problems what so ever with my lil girl at 2 but 3 hit and she is acting up a lil .

bubbaelea22

Asked by bubbaelea22 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have heard many many many people say terrible 2s have nothing on horrible 3s... And I am so finding it true with my 3 year old son...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• omg horrible 3's...my dd will be 3 in 2wks...my ds just turned 4...here we go again...aaaahhhh!!! i'd just as well call it threatening 3's...cuz you're threatening them time outs, spankings, taking toys, no tv...like all the time lol.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• 2 wasnt so bad, my daughter hit 3 and it was terrible, then 4 came and its worse. I asked my mom about this....her answer was "I dont know who said its only terrible 2's, it starts at 2 and just gets worse every year after that and never goes away" my mom is funny sometimes lol but I think she has it right. Its really making me dread the teenage years yet to come.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• 3 has been awful with both of my dd im going through it with my youngest. Yeah terrible twos is laughable it was like on their 3rd birthday a monster invaded them lol but four was good 5 is better and six has been pretty good.

skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 2:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• YES YES YES. My daughter started her terrible two's at 16 months old. She turned 4 in March and we are FINALLY starting a slow climb out of the mess.

Two's are about discovering their independence. And also learning that they are separate from Mom. The easiest fix (in my house at least) is to let them start making their own decisions about things like what to wear. As long as they're in weather/seasonal appropriate clothes, does it really matter if they're in plaid and polka dots?

Three's they learn how to mouth off/talk back/argue. I had MANY a day, still do, when my child's arguing has made me want to rip all my hair out.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I've alway thought terriable two's was nothing, compaired to traumatic three's...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I have a friend who says it's terrible 2's and trying 3's. Absolutely correct!!!
    I thought ds was tough at 3 and then his sister came along and my oh my the attitude, her name is Abigail and her nickname for a while was Abbytude! But then her sister came along and I will gladly take back some sweet little abbytude! Now we have Maddytude!!! I'm so afraid for when my sweet little boy (he's 3 months) turns 3, I'm scared people help me!!!!
    But my 3 yo now boy oh boy. I changed her name the other day. She insisted on calling people poopy head. I warned her I would change her name to poopy head if she didn't stop because timeout's and talking to her wasen't helping. Well for a day her name was poopy head! lol Her brother loved calling her that and not getting in trouble. That was3 days ago and no name calling since, finger's crossed!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I remember going to a 4th birthday party for a friend's son. Our son was getting ready to turn 3 a few months later. She warmed me that the so-called "terrible twos" were a walk in the park compared with the three's. She was dead on. Fortunately, things have improved a bit at 4.. I think they get more creative and more aware of new ways to torture their parents as they get older!
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• 3 is worse then 2 but it will get better
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:56 AM on Jul. 11, 2011