If you were president what would be some things that you would change?

lets keep it civil please :)

GypsyMoon605

Asked by GypsyMoon605 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Read the bills BEFORE they are signed.
    Truly refuse special interest game playing in the bills.
    Call-out members of congress who are playing politics and not focusing on the people. All sides.
    Lead by example~ Not take lavish UN-needed trips as a first family. Cut my staff in half as well as the staff of my spouse. Eliminate czars, etc.
    Fire Geithner
    Fire Holder
    Ohhh and my vice president would be Someone I respect but disagree with from time time. Someone who will bring about accountability with their questions and concerns.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• i was laying in bed thinking last night "why don't they offer inmates with lesser offenses, to join the military for 3-5 years instead of going to jail for 3-5 years"

I would rather pay taxes for soldiers protecting our country, then pay for them to sit in a jail cell wasting time. Might as well get some use out of them. Send them to war!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• i know Salem, DH & i were talking about that last night. I think they should bring it back...send them to Iran or wherever....

It would free up the jails & it would benefit our military & most likely, it would benefit the lives of the criminals. Of course, we should not put murderers out there...just criminals with lesser offenses.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Top thing would be a litmus test. " At whose expense?"
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• They were considered expendable forces in Vietnam. They also created a lot of problems.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I would bring the troops home and cut defense spending, raise taxes on the rich, implement a universal health care system, and would make gay marriage, pot and prostitution all legal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous a minute ago

More of the same. That would finalize our collapse.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Silken, do you really believe organizations of people should be deprived of their human rights when they join with others to form a group or corporation?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I would suggest to you that seeking redress from Congress is not the problem. Congress is the problem. Special interest groups, which is basically what you are referring to is not the problem. The problem is the progressive idea of government as the provider. When you take special interest groups away you also kill the market place of ideas. Special interest groups for all their faults simply represent different factions of the public, of which corps are a part of. Corruption, the influence of campaign donations and the fatc that some groups get access while others do not is a politician problem. That is why I support term limits, and laws that regulate how long a person can be out of congress before they jump on the lobbying bandwagon. Also laws regulating family members of congress being lobbyist (and there are many)
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I would play golf and travel like our current President and allow my handlers to run things.lol
    Anonymous

• I honestly wouldn't even know where to start!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 2:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2011