Stuck between a rock and a hard place!!

Im 19 yrs old,i ran away when i was 16 and stayed in a abusive relationship with my fathers child for three yrs i left when i was 8 months preggo and got a restraining order and he isnt alowed to see my son. I have 1 three month old baby, ,live with my mother and support myself and my son with a workfirst check and foodstamps.
Im currently studying for ged,after i get ged my father is giving me a car that he has bought,and i will pay for insurance on it, i also have medicaid for me and my child.
My question is,
Where or how can i find some recources that will somehow save me money on car insurance? Im also going to go to online college,and my head is spinning bc i dont know how i am sopposed to do all this w/o having the proper info on how much money i would get with a minimum wage job or what not...plus what about moving out? im 19 i feel like a complete faliure at life,idk how to get my shit straight i just have so much going on all at once and i cant think straight!!! I was thinking about asking a church for help but...idk if im ready to involve myself in church again bc i had religion forced down my throat by my grand parents....i feel like a church would judge me. I need advise and possibly some info/recources from anything right now that i could mabe read on the internet. Does anyone have anything? NO bashing plz and thanks!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• Try a women's resource center
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 2:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Check with community action. They should be able to help you on the housing situation. As far as churches helping, they normally will help if you have a bill you need paid like electric or water. But other than that I'm not sure what they would do. Possibly might help out with food though.
    As for car insurance, the General usually gives good rates. Also check out progressive.
    Keep pushing for a better tomorrow and you'll do just fine. ;)
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Did you know that there are lots of great resources for victims of domestic violence? Please contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-SAFE (7233)

Answer by rkoloms at 2:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Relax. You don't need to figure this all out today. First off, start looking in the employment section in your newspaper to see what type of job you can find, what hours the employers are looking for, and what minimum wage is in your area.
    From there, you can create a budget. You should have learned this in middle school home-ec. Figure out what expenses you'll have, like: car insurance, gas, daycare, car maintenance/repairs, clothing, diapers, and whatever else your checks and food stamps don't cover. It doesn't sound like you NEED to move out right away, so DON'T.
    It sounds to me like you are doing a great job already! You've taken the first step which is the hardest, and you are trying to make a better way for you and your baby. Good Luck!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• If you do go to a church, look into a nondenominational church. My church doesn't force religion. They help anyone they can. They were recently in the newspaper about churches forcing a dress code and our pastor said who cares? At least they are at church. So if there is a church near me like that, you should be able to find one as well.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 9:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Don't be so hard on yourself! You have made positive strides and you are so, so young. Have you checked with DMV, perhaps there are programs for low income or you can get a referral.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2011