Toddler Bed

When you switched your child to a toddler bed did you still close their bedroom door at night? Isnt it scary to know that your baby can just get out of bed? lol Im so worried about this transition...how did it go for you?

SJSMOMMA

Asked by SJSMOMMA at 2:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I always gated mine in their room until potty trained. They just call when they needed us. Worked really well.
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I was terrified of the same thing, and we just switched him over the weekend. When he wakes up, he just climbs right into bed with us, he doesn't go anywhere else. I'd keep his door closed, ours open.
    Anonymous

• As soon as my daughter turned 1 she was in a normal twin size bed. I found it easier to switch at that age because it was less adjustment for her. We just put a baby gate in her door way so that way I could still hear her if she got out of bed. When she got up in the morning she'd either play with toys or yell mommy.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Thank you!!
    SJSMOMMA

Comment by SJSMOMMA (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Yes her room was the safest place for her to be in.
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 2:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Yes I closed the door, just like Pamarita her room is the safest one to be in. if she wakes up she opens the door and comes to knock on ours.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Yes, everything in his room was safe - and we had a video baby monitor so we could see him.

Answer by missanc at 8:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2011