Is it acceptable to believe in God...

But not be so religious or trust in him? I do believe there is a God, I just don't know if I have faith in him right now.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 3:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I really don't know... you'd have to have a spiritual leader talk to you about that one. There are times when I feel that way, but God always makes me see truth and it isn't always easy to accept.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:24 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Trusting in Him is the biggest step. It's also the hardest. Good luck.
    MarlyeGirl

• I agree with Marlye 100%
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 3:27 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I wouldn't want to believe in Him and not trust Him. He cares so deeply about me - and you - that I know I can trust Him. I need Him to walk me through this life. I cannot imagine it without Him leading it for me. I hope you find a way to trust Him. His love is awesome.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 3:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• well it's hard I've been there and I remmeber feeling so alone the good thing is that your aware of this. If you want to get back into it you should pray and ask him to sow you he's there. He's always there you just might not see it. I always had that issue, I knew he was there but I dind't know how to seek out for him. I was always so scared too. My daughter was having surgery and I didn't know what to do I always prepared my self for the worst but one day before her surgery someone told me. Trust in him. Out all of your trust in him, he's there. It was hard to really trust but I did and she was fine she was released hours after her surgery normally it would take 2 days. It was great and from then on. How could I not believe? How could I not trust? He doesnt want to harm us he loves us. I'll pray for you.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:36 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Another way I see it is this... trusting in God is like that trust exercise you do where you completely go limp and trust the person behind you to catch you. God is forever behind us, beside us, and in front of us, ready to catch us whichever way we fall to Him. You just need to let go of the fear of trusting and fall. You will be surprised. God is THE only one you can count on.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:39 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• One night a man had a dream.
    He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord.
    Scenes from his life flashed across the sky
    and he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
    one belonging to him and the other to the Lord.
    When the last scene of his life had flashed before him,
    he recalled that at the lowest and saddest times of his life
    there was only one set of footprints.
    Dismayed, he asked, "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
    you'd walk with me all the way.
    I don't understand why, when I needed you most,
    you would leave me."
    The Lord replied, "My precious child.
    I love you and I would never leave you.
    During your times of trial and suffering
    when you saw only one set of footprints...
    That was when I carried you."
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:42 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I am just having a rough time.(i know everyone does) and i feel like God is punishing me for things i have done.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Answered at 3:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 by: Imogine
    I am just having a rough time.(i know everyone does) and i feel like God is punishing me for things i have done.

Don't let yourself think that. This isn't mommy spanking you for getting into the cookies. Lol
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Lol ↑↑
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2008