Can you do this?

Get up early and do some walking and some slow jogging, Do 4 miles total 4-5 times a week and come back and lay down or maybe take a long nap is that defeating the purpose on exercising or do I still get the same benefit oppose to sleeping in and do the walk later. I'd rather do it in the morning (its cooler)
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Health

• I think it's best to workout whenever you have the most motivation. So do whatever works for you. I personally could not fall back to sleep after a good workout because it seems to energize me, but if it works for you then keep on doing it!
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• well...when you exercise you raise your heart rate & metabolism & it will stay elevated for hours after your workout...which is great because you're burning more calories during rest than you would be if your didn't exercise.

If you take a nap after you work out, your heart rate will get real low again & will not stay elevated. So, if you DON'T nap after your workout, you will burn much more calories at the end of the day.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I think you'd get the same benefit either way, but I'd rather walk in the morning because it's cooler too.
    Anonymous

• It's more important to do it when you can and want, after all you are aiming to make it a lifestyle choice. I wouldn't think for a minute that napping afterward undid anything beneficial either. Kudos to you. I loathe exercise :0I ["Bad Womamhood! Bad girl! Bad!"] x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 3:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2011