None Believers a question?

How do none believers (in anything) simply make it through hard times? I personally am a christian and I put my faith in God. I'm just curious how those who are none believers can deal with the stress and pressure of every day life? I'm not condemning anyone for what their personal belief . I'm simply asking what gets you through the trails and destruction of every day life. If you lose a loved one how do you find comfort?

justalady774

Asked by justalady774 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Family, friends, inner strength.. I don't see why one needs to believe in a god in order to find strength and comfort during hard times. And just because we do not believe in your god does not mean we have no beliefs "in anything" it simply means we do not believe in any gods.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• They get through because God helps them whether they believe it or not. .

That's just so rude and disrespectful, I don't even know where to begin.

People get through things because they have to, just like you would whether you had your faith or not - what's the alternative?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• "They get through because God helps them whether they believe it or not."

How typically condescending!

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 2:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I'm a Christian but I can answer this question anyway. The Bible says that God will never give us anything we can't handle.

**********

This statement always irritates me...what about people who commit suicide?!?! OBVIOUSLY, he gave that person more than they could handle...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Many years ago I was listening to my doctor explain what I was going to have to put myself through for treatment, and the first words out of my mouth were "I can't". He said "You can and you will, because you have to." It really is that simple. We deal with whatever we have, good or bad. We aren't just going to curl up in a ball and die because we don't want to deal with something. People are incredibly resilient and have no idea what they can handle until they have to. In the end, I am a much stronger person for going through what I have. There are no more "I can't"s.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Friends and Family. Support from them gets me through everything -especially deployments.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 2:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• By knowing that those things wont bring them down. Being mentally and emotionally strong.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• People get through things because they have to, just like you would whether you had your faith or not - what's the alternative?

I agree with this. Regardless of one's faith (or lack thereof), one has to take the bad with the good and keep on keepin on, kwim? The alternative? Suicide I suppose...or addiction. I think that's why many people become addicts; because they don't know how to deal with all that life throws at them.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 8:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• When times are hard I know they will get better, and that everyone has to deal with ups and downs. As for death- I look at it like that person has to die to make room for another life, and that(when it comes from illness) they are no longer suffering, and there is a sort of relief and peace when it's over. Not believing in God does not mean I don't believe in other things ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• They get through because God helps them whether they believe it or not.

Keep thinking on hat ever helps you sleep at night honey
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2011