Water breaking.....

With my 1st I sat down on the couch one day after going pee and felt like I just peed my pants when I sat down. I'm 38 weeks pregnant with my 2nd and I keep expecting to sit down and get that feeling again lol. I have no idea how likely it is that my water will break with this one like it did with my 1st (naturally). I just think its funny that I keep waiting and checking. Does anyone else do this when they were/are so close to due date or is it just me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes!
    My water broke (at 39 weeks) and I didn't go into labor for over a week.
    It was a very messy time, of course.

So with the next baby I was always bringing towels and maxi pads everywhere...
    My baby was coming out in the intact sac a few weeks after the due date so it was unnecessary concern!

;-D
    lol
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I was ready for it. I had waterproof pads on my bed under the sheets. I put them on the couch and covered them with a thin blanket that was the same color as the couch. I put one on the seat of the car. After all the preparations I went through with both pregnancies, my water broke as soon as I got into the hospital bed, both times.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• It varies from pregnancy to pregnancy. Some women, I being one of them, have extremely tough membranes that have to be broken. (All 3 pregnancies)....in hard labor, starting to want to push, and water not broken yet - the doc had to do it.

Some women, as soon as they start labor, their water breaks. Good luck!!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My water broke at home with my second. They say the chances of having your water break at home are very slim. My water broke at home with my 4th too. Who knew! lol
    I never expected to have my water break at home again! But let me tell you the second time I didn't waste anytime with pads and such, I told dh to bring me a towel! lol Walked like a pregnant cowboy into the hospital with a big bath towel rolled up between my legs but let me tell you my pants were dry! lol
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• my water never broke on its own....was done in hospital.........good luck hon!
    southernlady184

Answer by southernlady184 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I did that too with both my girls! I went to the bathroom and wiped and I saw a tint of red. Once I got up and started walking to tell my hubby my water broke!
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 3:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• It was very strange. I could have swore that I wiped when I went to the bathroom, so I was like what the hell. I even called my mom and told her that I thought my water broke and she was like why are you calling me then. I didnt want to call my husband home from work for a false alarm, it was funny. But I called him and he was so excited that he didnt even hang up the phone or say bye. His boss got back on the phone and said he's on his way. I keep thinking I'll miss it this time if it happens again so I'm extra checky lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Water breaking isn't the same as *labor.*

So before you start running around you might like to wait until you have a need to get excited.
    ;-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My water never broke with my first. i got to the hospital they had to break my water and i was already dialated to 4. but i too have been waiting and just being curious as so if mine will break or not... n ive got a constant loss of my plug like its never ending and i idnt experience any of this with my first so it kinda has me on edge.... not to mention im huge compared to what i was with my first as well.
    P3anut

Answer by P3anut at 3:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I know its not the same as labor and I dont actually think my water has broken. If I thought that I wouldnt be on here right now. And I have a reason to be excited, I'm having a baby and he'll be here some time in the next few weeks. I know it might not be today, tomorrow or even next week but it will happen eventually. I can be excited about that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2011