If you had preeclampsia...

if you had it with your first or second pregnancy did you have any more babies? Were you and the baby ok? Was it worse the next time? I had it with my first baby and she was born at 29wks..and we are both fine but i did almost die..i want another baby but im just soo scared to risk it..any info would be great thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It is a consideration!

Were you on medication?
    You might work on prevention; do the Brewer Diet (high protein, etc).

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• its literally hit me overnight! and the baby came 3 days later
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I Wouldnt but thats just me. When I had my 2nd daughter the woman in the other room was hit with eclampsia(spelled it wrong). Which is the worst form of it. I was in tears when my husband told me because we were talking to her and her husband. and then BAM she was sick. I have no clue if she made it I pray she did. But if I was hit with it I wouldnt try again.
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 3:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• A study conducted at Harvard University found that by eating at least 75 grams of protein per day, pregnant women could prevent diseases of pregnancy such as preeclampsia (metabolic toxemia of late pregnancy).
    During pregnancy a woman's blood volume increases as much as 40 to 60 percent, and in order to reach this necessary level and maintain it, a woman's body needs adequate protein, salt, calcium, potassium and water from her diet.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• doulala

• well mine actually turned into eclampsia..i was sick for days..but as soon as the baby came i was sooo much better
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• It is more likely to have it again if you had it in a previous pregnancy and like you said it can appear out of no where. My sister in law was pregnant with her first and it hit her the way it did you (turned into eclampsia). She ended up losing her baby and now she can never have kids again. I'm glad that both of you are fine. I would suggest that if you want another baby you talk to your doctor first and maybe find a high risk doctor to talk to. You would need to be watched really closely and carefully so that they could try to manage it and keep it under control. I wish you the best of luck and hope everything works out for you. And if you do decide to have another baby I really hope that its different for you this time.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Honestly, I decided not to have any more kids because I didn't want to go through that again.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• i had it really bad with my first one and we were both fine, my sister had it 10x worse then me and they are fine and we both have to kids. But dont do anything your afraid of don't take the chance of the baby getting hurt But whatever you do its for the best and good luck :)
    mommaof2-2011

Answer by mommaof2-2011 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I had it with my first child. I had other issues along with her delivery and came very close to full blown eclampsia. 3 days after delivering I had congestive heart falure. That was 12 years ago. After 6 years my cardiologest cleared me for a second pregnacy under close watch. That one went fairly normal. But we made the decision to not have a third.
    Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2011