Do you mind someone breastfeeding their baby in your husbands presence?

Just wondering. I don't mind, if they're comfortable enough with it then I don't mind either. Dh doesn't think anything of it or notice most of the time.
I have had men leave a room when I'm bfing, but older men not of my generation and often because their wives say she's breast feeding you should go. I feel akward at this point. Great! I'm not exposed, I'm covered by my 2 tops and when there are other's there I'll often use a blanket, always use one if there are other men in the room. And that's because I don't wish to make them feel uncomfortable.
I know the older generation didn't necessairly bfed in front of people (grandma told me so) and tha't fine but they don't even notice anything is happening until they have it pointed out to them.

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• My dad RUNS from the room if he realizes I am breastfeeding. It's actually kind of funny. He won't even realize it because I am SO covered up, but then someone makes a comment. I guess just the thought of his daughter breastfeeding makes him nervous. LOL!

I don't have a problem with a mom breastfeeding in front of my husband. He doesn't notice/doesn't care/won't look anyway. If she we exposed, he would probably just walk out of the room. However I try not to breastfeed in FRONT of other men. It makes me awkward. I will, however, breastfeed with men in the room if I am not the focus of the group and can kind of sit behind them or something.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• No, my DH is very respectful bout those things. I don't mind one bit. It doesn't even phase him We've had a few friends breastfeed in front of us. He is mature enough to not look, he does not get turned on by it. He thinks it's great that some of our friends breast feed.

He's just a mature guy. Only an immature man would get excited about a woman breastfeeding.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Nope, because my husband has been around me when I fed our children. But he will usually excuse himself if the mother isn't covering herself up because of modesty.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• No, I don't care. I breastfed our two children and he is mature and supports breastfeeding.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• No I dont mind, and his uncles GF does it all the time, he is not a boob guy and knows/understands that breastfeeding is natural and shouldnt be seen as anything sexual or gross. he says " its not like ive never seen a boobie"
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My husband took our son to the train playground inside our local mall the other day while I stayed home. He texted me, saying he had been talking to a woman for like 5 mins before he realized that she was breastfeeding lol...he was a bit embarassed because he didn't know if he was interupting her or not by talking with her. LOL

No I wouldn't mind.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• "Most women who breast feed boobs are not that attractive as my husband put it they look like deflated balloons so they could walk around with them fully out wouldn't stir arousal from him at all.lol"

That's called gravity honey! What's going to happen to you when gravity strikes as you age? Better hope your husband grows up and realizes that REAL women are not perfect bouncy boobs of an 18 year old. I know plenty of women that have never breastfed and their boobs have been struck by gravity too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I was a bad BF offender. I was sooooo tired. So, I'd do a quick, "Do you mind if I feed?" and then just do it. It made other people super uncomfortable. I was too tired to care.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I don't mind as long as she isn't just letting her boob flop all over. lol I breastfed, most of my friends breastfeed, it's a normal thing in our lives. However, although I'm all for nursing wherever the need arises, I do think a woman should keep her breast covered. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My husband wouldn't care. He was present while I breastfed. He probably wouldn't even give it a second thought.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2011