Feather hair extensions,, do you like them, could you give me some feedback?

I am a stylist and I am going to do feather hair extensions, they are very expensive to buy, and don't want to be stuck with them,, I would like to offer to go to birthday parties and such, but have no idea of how to start or even if Moms would like to get something like that for parties,, the cost per extension would be around $10 a feather. There is no way to do if for any less,, What do you think? They last for up to 4 weeks, and you can wash, style and curl your hair with them in.

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 2:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• Make a website for yourself, get a facebook & twitter page & post links to your site. usually word of mouth gets around quick. You can also make a facebook page for your feather extensions & have your friends "like" them. You can even do free giveaways like "if you post this pic on your wall (one of your feather hair art work), you could win a free feather hair extention". My friend did this with the skirts she makes. She did a drawing for a free skirt & you could enter by liking the page & then posting a pic of your favorite skirt on your profile. She went from around 200 "friends" to over a thousand in just one week. facebook is a great way to get your name out & company there! It's great for networking!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I LOVE them! I put them in my hair all the time...probably not like how you do it though! I've been sporting feathers for a while now. I think they are adorable!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• VERY CUTE!
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 2:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Thanks Augusta, but where to advertise for it,, I looked on Craigslist,, and couldn't really figure out where to do it,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Comment by kimigogo (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• very cute, but hard to manage, unless they are the temporary ones
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I've seen as cheap as 3.00 to 15.00 per feather. now they have the instant feather clip ins on tv. i got them and i liked them.
    shar-hulk

Answer by shar-hulk at 3:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I looooooove feather hair extensions!! They are soo awesome. If you are a stylist make a handout that says what you can do with them (i.e. birthdays, parties, etc) ...they are becoming SO popular, the girls will be begging their moms to let them do it! and 10 dollars is actually very cheap! So good price :)
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I think that would be a great idea. I think it's cute on the younger crowd.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2011