Any pregnant lapbanders out there?

Hi everyone! I am like 7-8 weeks pregnant and am also a Lapband patient. I was looking for some helpful advice from other banders about pregnancy, vitmains, etc. I am so nervous that I am not getting enough nutrition and i think that is what is keeping me up right now. I am so nervous of doing anything wrong that can hurt me or the baby. Anyone in the same boat that can provide some helpful information for me it will be absolutely appreciated. Some questions i have are prenatal only or both multi & prenatal? B-12 is it still ok? what about calcium. I see my surgeon who implanted my device 2 years ago tomorrow but anything to ease my mind would be helpful. TIA!!!

tamorama

Asked by tamorama at 2:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have not had it done, but I found this...
    "Here are some recommendations to follow for a safe pregnancy:

* Avoid pregnancy for twelve months following weight loss surgery
    * Schedule normal visits with your bariatric surgeon and obstetrician
    * Take multivitamins (Vitamin A, B1, B12, Iron, Folic Acid)
    * Get regular blood tests to check for deficiency in vitamins
    * Eat small meals daily (minimum four meals per day) and take 30 minutes to eat all meals
    * Eat a high-protein, low carbohydrate, low fat diet
    * Consume 30 grams of proteins in supplements
    * Drink lots of water (4 to 6 Ten ounce cups daily)"

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Thanks for the answer, I am going to see what my surgeon says to do. It's so nerve racking I suppose its the best way for me to describe it all. Thank you so much for responding, I am going to check out that link tonight.
    tamorama

Comment by tamorama (original poster) at 3:22 AM on Jul. 11, 2011