What to do about not fitting into clothes?

Ok im 19 weeks along. And I have got to the point where I can't fit into my 3-5. I can't see going out and buying brand new clothes that i'm only going to beable to wear for maybe another month, and then maybe never beable to wear again. Anyone got any ideas of what size I may even wear right now?? My hips and butt like blew up, thats the only reason my jeans don't fit. Any ideas of where I can get a few jeans, for fairly cheap. My goodwill sucks they are asking for way to much for jeans.

Mommy2Be172009

Asked by Mommy2Be172009 at 3:38 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you just can't button your jeans, try ordering a bella band from target. It's like a tube top for the top of your jeans to hold them up and hide that they aren't buttoned.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:42 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Old Navy has great inexpensive maternity clothes. I am a size 5, but after I had my baby I couldn't get those size 5's over my thighs They came in handy for quite a while even after I had my baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Have you given any thought to dresses with the empire (i think thats what it is) waist line so you can grow with them but also where them when not pregnant, I am the same way and am currently at the end with number 2 and dresses were my way to go not to mention very comfy around the belly no annoying bands or anything

Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 3:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Buy maternity clothes in your current size (sounds like a small). The jeans with the stretchy fabric should fit you the entire time. I know I couldn't fit into my clothes at 20 weeks but refused to buy a bunch of new clothes that would only fit me for a couple weeks. At 28 weeks I gave in and got maternity pants and a couple tops.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:46 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I got into my hubbys and father in laws clothes. SCORE!! Also try ebay. You can get some great stuff for cheap.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I got maternity clothes that were given to me but i'm not that big yet to wear them. I'm looking for clothes that I can wear now.
    I've heard of some thing like the bella band, I had just forgot about. Maybe i'll go look for one this weekend, that's all I really need for some of my jeans other jeans they are just to tight everywhere.
    Mommy2Be172009

Answer by Mommy2Be172009 at 3:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• try to see if anyone you no has any cloths that are to big for them thats what i did lol or you can always got walmart they got cheap stuff thats cute or the good will or something
    Autumn634

Answer by Autumn634 at 3:52 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My trick for my pants was to loop a rubberband around through the button and it gives you an inch or 2. But if you are having trouble fitting your hips and butt in pants, then you are going to have to give in and get a larger size.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:39 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Try ebay and Motherhood Maternity. I only bought 1 pair of maternity jeans and have since been wearing a lot of leggings that I got at Target. I bought a few long tunic shirts and wear them over leggings. I did have to buy two pairs of work pants *(both on clearance at Motherhoood Maternity), but surprisingly, all my elastic waist skirts still fit. Try Target for black stretchy pants that can be worn to work and while at home. I only have three more months to go and I am not buying any more clothes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Old Navy and Motherhood Maternity have cute and cheap maternity clothes. Get a couple of pairs of pants where you can wear them through the whole pregnancy, and save them for the next one (or sell them afterward).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2008