My man treats me too good because I am pregnant. I like the attention but I am having issues with what he is doing. How would you handle this?

Seriously, Chris treats me like a princess and I cannot complain a bit about that. He makes sure I take naps, am comfortable,the chores are done, and thanks me all the time for carrying his baby. He buys me gifts, several of them and as much as I appreciate them, I would rather him save the money for the baby.

We are not hard up for money, however, we don't have any in saving either. The priority should be savings, right? I don't know if I am feeling guilty because he is putting me before him as far as care and finances go, or if I should just enjoy it.

I know it is something silly to worry about, but worry is what I do.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• maybe he sees it as he IS pampering the baby by pampering the mommy. You got u a good on. Just enjoy it because once baby is here, he will probably be spoiling that lucky baby like crazy
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 1:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• have a heart to heart with him Tell him how much you are loving the attention. Instead of buying anything else work out a savings plan. JUst be careful not to be critical.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I think it's sweet, he cares about you and the baby. But, just explain, that it makes you feel uncomfortable.
    MrsP777

Answer by MrsP777 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• How sweet! My suggestion if you are worried about saving money for the baby would be to have a talk with him. Don't be negative at all. Cast it in the light that the most important thing in the world to you is your baby, and maybe instead of spending so much money on your, whenever he feels the urge to do so he could place that money in a savings account for the baby that can either be used for expense or you can have free access to afterwards for a baby shopping spree! If he is constantly thanking you for carrying his child I have a feeling he would be very receptive to the idea. Don't make him feel bad for what he has been doing, just re-direct his attention/spending.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Take it all in! lol...my husband is so excited but i feel he doesnt know what to do. he always makes sure i have what i need and trying his hardest to take care of me. hes been doin the same and we honestly should be saving for our baby. maybe you should suggest like every other pay check you put some of the money up for the baby. a little every other pay check or so adds up greatly!...but other than that enjoy it
    Anonymous