Alright pro lifers!! What to do here?

I recently read this in another post:

Okay so i was talking to my friends daughter who is 10 years old. Somehow we got on the subject of babies and she mentioned to me that there was a girl in her class who was pregnant. When i inquired further she told me that this girl was only 9 years old. but she had started her period and gotten raped while being babysat. Now this little 9 year old girl was pregnant with twin girls, she started getting upset for the young girl and i didnt know what to say to comfort her..... the pregnant child's parents chose to keep the little ones and the girl is now 7 months pregnant and still in school. I know this is true because i spoke to some of the PTA about it because i was concerned, and they verified. What do u think about this girl's situation?

What do you think is the right thing?

NOT meant to piss people off. I want ALL responses polite please!!

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 4:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• First off, I think that God gives us choices. I dont think that he would look down on a parent making the choice to terminate the pregnancy of their nine year old little girl. No little girl should have to go through a pregnancy. I was 27 when I had my third child and it didnt get easier. Going through morning sickness, the pain of your body changing, your belly growing, then comes the labor. I would never put my baby girl in that situation. I would make the best choice that I could. Dont you think that its enough that she was raped. She is just a baby herself. I hope that the person that did this to her is punished. I know that if it was me I would probably be bailing my husband out of jail for for beating the crap out of the guy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I JUST DON'T THINK THAT IS TRUE AT THAT AGE I WOULD AT 13 BUT OK IF IT'S TRUE THEN THE BABIES ARE ALMOST FULL TERM THEY ARE VIABLE AND AS MUCH HUMAN AS ME AND YOU IT IS NOT THERE FAULT THEY WERE BROUGHT INTO THE WORLD THIS WAY IF SHE WENT 7 MONTHS THEN A FEW MORE WILL NOT MKE ANY MORE PROBLEMS THEY NEED TO BE PUT UP FOR ADOPTION ! HOW SAD THAT POOR GIRL I DON'T THINK ABORTION IS GOOD AT ALL IT WONT TAKE AWAY WHAT WENT ON AND ABORTION THAT YOUNG IS MORE HARD ON HER BODY THAN BIRTH AND I'M SURE SHE WILL HAVE A C SECTION ANY WAY !

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I am sorry, and I know that I will prolly be bashed for this- But I don't think a 9 year old should have to go through this situation. She did not choose to start her period so early, she did not choose to be raped, she should not have to deal with such a grown up situation at such a young age. Nothing in that situation was her fault. Now she not only has to live with the memories of being so young and getting raped, but she has to live with a 9 month pregnancy, and then the whole life memory of delivery, having babies, and keeping them? or giving them up for adoption? Its too much for a 9 year old...really...kids should be kids....
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I got my period at that age. I was in 3rd grade I think. It sucked cuz I hadn't had sex ed or anything... I thought I was dying.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:32 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• If there is any bashing I'll report them.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Let me add that I am not saying that she should abort the babies now at 7 months, because if they were born now they have a good chance of survival. I mean they should have really thought things through when it all happened at the begining. I know more people will put more focus on this post that their are "Monsters"out there that will abort babies, but what about the "Monsters" that rape 9 year olds. I think her situation right now would be good for adoption. SInce if raised in the same home her children will grow up more like her younger siblings then her children.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:35 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I agree with the first post i have a 9 year old myself and to think if ever happened to her being prolife i woulf have to make her give the baby life to kill the baby would not  cover up the pain and memory is still there  i would not have her in school i would homeschool have her give up the baby and get her help etc... abortion is not the answer to everthing  an abortion is very tramatic to your body it's much safer for her to give birth  soon it will be over for her it would be bad for her parents to keep the baby !  those children will make a couple very happy every baby is wanted by someone !

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• That is certainly a terrible situation. I think being pro-life is easier said than done. I consider myself pro-life but I also believe the issue with abortion is not raped nine year olds, if that makes any sense. I think abortion should be regulated. I'm a Christian and I do not think it's right to kill babies, I don't think God ever would have wanted that to happen, but I'm sure he doesn't want men raping children either. If it was my child, I don't think I could handle her having the children. But if that girl didn't tell her parents until it was too late for an early abortion, I guess we would go through with it because I cannot accept partial birth abortion, or any other later abortion. In my opinion the issue with abortion is the women who get pregnant because they were irresponsible, and then abort. I was irresponsible, I got pregnant when I was 18, now I have a three year old, that's just how it goes.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I wonder why they left her in school. It seems that would not have left things more "normal" for her, but would've made her some freak instead. Perhaps the pregnancy wasn't known about early. My period began when I was 13, but it wasn't regular then. I don't believe in abortion but if they had chosen that in this extreme situation I suppose I couldn't blame them. Not knowing early would've meant she had to keep the baby - and they probably only thought there was one until an u/s. By then she would've been 1/2 way through the pregnancy. Abortion then would be more traumatic than completing the pregnancy. I do not think any dr would allow her to carry them much longer. There's just so much a 9yo body can do. I look at my 8yo and cannot imagine one baby growing to term there, much less 2. This certainly is a tragic situation. And it's not the sort of thing abortion should gain ground based upon. I agree with toriandgrace on that.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 5:14 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I think at 7 months it is probably best to go through with the pregnancy *however* I think the parents are a bit naive to make her go through this and not realize all of the trauma this poor girl will continue to endure.
    If her parents are going to raise these 2 children it will be very confusing for this little girl. They better start investing in mental health services right now.
    upintrees

Answer by upintrees at 5:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2008