Strange phonecalls, please help.

1)
A month ago a woman called me at home while my husband was at work.
She asked for him (First and Last name), and then she left a message for him:
This is X, please tell him that I won't be able to go to the Sunday's Party.
I asked her if she got the right number, but she knew the address too.
My husband said he didn't know anyone with this name, and there was no party.

Last week, my husband was working late, and when I called at 8 pm, I heard a man scream "more beer, more beer". My husband said he was at the office, and this man was his Director joking.

All was ok till this Sunday morning. My husband's cell phone rang once and they hang up. He saw the number and said "Oh, it's from an overseas client, I won't speak to them". The number was a local one, not an overseas as he insisted, and perhaps the previous strange phonecall triggered my mistrust.

My husband is aggressive and upset cause I don't trust him, and I feel confused as to what's going on.

Talking with him really doesn't work. He screams and insists on things that are wrong, e.g. said they called him from Germany, although in fact they called him from a city near us.

Am I too suspicious or would you also feel there's something wrong here ?

Thanks so much for your responses.

I can't write down the number(s) as his phone locks automatically and needs a password to unlock.

The important thing is to know that I'm not the mistrusting wife of an angel husband.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• 1. No reason to have a password to unlock his cell phone if he is innocent.
    2. No reason a strange woman would call with his full name and address to tell him the party was off
    3. Someone/Anyone in the background screaming more beer, wants more beer, that is not someone goofing off.
    4. Lying about an "overseas" phone call when it was a local call, no reason to do that.

I divorced my first husband because of events very similar to these, it was his girlfriend calling and he didn't want me to know.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 5:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Heres what ya do, you write down all the suspicios pone numbers when he doesnt know you have his phone. You goand do a reverse lookup online, and when you get names, then google the name, see if they have a facebook page, and see if it is private or public. I think it also is very suspicious that he is being like this, good Luck!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 3:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Something is definately up, his behavior and the calls are very suspicious
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 3:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• You have a right to be suspicious. I would put a tracker on his phone that tracks all his phone calls, texts & even where he is. Investigators used them fro a long time, but they are now available to the public. He wont know you have a tracker on his cell phone, he won't know at all.

I would have to play investigator...i think it all sounds very fishy.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Something is wrong. First off, no normal coworker or director would scream "more beer!" That lady who called knew your hubby's full name and address-how could she be full of crap? Thirdly, the call on his cellphone was local and you know he is lying. Can you get the number and call it?
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 3:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• There is something wrong. You know he's lying about the overseas phone calls so you're right to be suspicious. At this point I would consider hiring someone to look into it for you since he can't be honest.
    Grungalax

Answer by Grungalax at 3:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• something is up, the fact that he is getting defensive is a red flag imo. i have been there and done that... they do get defensive.-
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• "But why would the lady give the address, and his full name if she was his mistress"

Because a lot of mistresses HOPE the guy will get caught in hopes that they'll break up. Being the other woman can be hard. they are often jealous of the wife & wishing that their marriage will fail s& hoping that she can slip right in where the wife left. Many mistresses try hard to actually ruin the marriage for their benefit. She was probably trying to rock the boat.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• yeah sounds like a liar to me
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Id take my kids and stay somewhere else until he wanted to talk. Obviously there's something going on. Don't let him make you feel guilty for asking.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2011