What are the best things to put on a Sunburn?

Went swimming yesterday. Hoping to get some sun, got burnt instead. I am looking for the best things to put on the sunburn and hopefully things that will also help on peeling.

Much thanks 

1. I am getting a lot of responses about Vinegar, please, tell me how to do.

2. I have used Aloe in the passed, mostly straight from the plant and a few times from gels. One does get a drying effect. I know I need to moistize, just not sure with what though.

Thanks so much from all you wonderful ladies. I am not new to sunburn, it's just been a good while.

MomlovesRed

Asked by MomlovesRed at 3:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Vinegar is really helpful at removing the heat and pain from the burn, but you also need something moisturizing to avoid peeling. Aloe gels usually do have alcohol which only dries your skin out more, but using aloe straight from the plant works well. I prefer coconut oil. It soaks in wonderfully, it's very moisturizing and healing, and it has always worked best for me to avoid peeling.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Solarcaine. White vinegar. Noxzema. Aloe.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I find that neosporin works the best. It helps heal burns, any kind of burn. Aloe never works on me, in fact...it has made my burns hurt worse because most of them have alcohol in it which further dries your skin out.

The neosporin with pain reliever works wonders on sun burns. It heals them up nicely & also provides good moisture.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• tyfry took all my thoughts! Vinegar is great.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 3:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Im going to try that samurai_chica!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Oh and a high protein diet will help as well. Although not as fast. It helps with new skin growth.
    Rauzy

Answer by Rauzy at 3:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Vinegar, tea, noxema
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Kiss My Face After Sun Soother is the best stuff I have ever used. My kids and I fry if we're not careful, and that takes the burn away within a day or so. Unfortunately it's getting very difficult to find!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Bumping because I need to know too! Burnt today at the beach!! I have no aloe vera, but my dad always swore by apple cider vinegar, but it doesnt seem to be doing any good!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Aloe Vera gel! I get a small bottle of the Banana Boat brand and it'll last us for years. Apply liberally, and if the burn is really hurting sit in front of a fan.

When I burn, I apply liberally whenever I feel the slightest bit uncomfortable and usually within a day or two it turns into a nice tan.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2011