What was your kids latest offense and what was their punishment? Did you follow through and what was the result?

Last week I had all 4 of my kids with me in the store. We talked about how to behave in the store before going in, we always do and I find that helps. But not this day. My 5 and 7 yo we're awful, running around, goofing off, crawling and pushed the cart into another customer. To top it all off the baby was crying, I would have just walked out but my cart was full and the carseat and my purse were burried under it all.
We got to the van and I told my kids how disapointed and embarassed I was with their behaviour. I was so upset I ended up crying! I told them when they got home they were going to get a spank on their bottoms and sent to their rooms. They would eat lunch there and spend the rest of the afternoon in there. I would also not be taking them to another store with me for a long time. I followed through and I guess I'll not know if it worked till I take them to a store again but that's not happening anytime soon.
The 2 of them have also taken to hitting eachother again, I've done time outs, revoked privelidges and have now settled on 7 o'clock bed times if they hit/hurt eachother again. Being that it's summer vacation that's a big deal to them seeing as their bed time and their 3 yo sis goes to bed at 8. Well last night they were in bed early and so far no hitting but I intend to inforce this if it happens again.
Now for my 3 yo. She watched her bro and sis play soccer last year and wanted to play. So I signed her up this year and she was doing great, yesturday she was giving me attitude and refused to go on the field if I didn't go with her. I will stand on the side lines but not on the field. She was yelling at me and giving attitude so she wasen't allowed to join her team for snacks, I told her they are for the kids who play so she didn't get any. The attitude continued so she lost her dress privilidge (can't hardly get this girl in pants or shorts to save her life) for 2 days. She wore capris to church and we talked about why she can't wear a dress and she knew. The other day she continued to call people Poopy Head after many warnings and days of this nonsense. So I changed her name to Poopy Head. We all called her Poopy Head for the rest of the day. She did not like that!!! Her name is now changed back for the last 3 days she has not called anyone names.
What are your "war" stories and have your solutions worked? I'm hoping mine have a lasting effect because they'll wear me out if not!

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• LOL! Poopy head! Sorry- But I can just hear a sweet little girl voice sayin it :) I'm glad you are taking no prisoners & sticking to your guns. More parents need to be consistent & follow thru! Great job! Our middle son is 20 y/o. Back in Jan. we had him sign an agreement to clean his half of his room (It was horder-ish) & to haul some of his other belongings from the basement to the attic. We gave him a dealine which has since came & went, so we took his bed! What else can you take from a 20 y/o?! By mid June - 6 mos after our 1st agreement, things haven't changed & he leaves his kitchen messes behind too. So we have given him til July 22 to get his act together or get out. But to hear him tell it, we have given him til that time to find a new place to live. Never mind the fact that we've been more than patient w/ him! It was easier when he was your kids' ages! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I have a 3 and 5 year old and no mater what they do wrong I always follow through with the punishment even if it is making my day more painful. At this age I can't ground but I always use their sweet spot. The pool, wii, tv shows etc. They get the message loud and clear. I don't have to punish often. A warning is ususally sufficient.
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• lol my son, 7, would correct me if I called her poopy pants, no mommy her name's poopy head! lmbo
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• my son 7 has asked me why I don't take something away that he doesn't like tv? lol because we don't have cable kid! lmbo When I asked them what they thought a good punishment would be for hitting eachother he suggested that he not be allowed to wear a dress!
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• bump
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 4:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2011