How can I tell if my husband is still in love with me?

This is very hard to put into words so I will just do the best I can. My husband and I have been married for almost 5 yrs, with two kids. A year ago I lost my wedding ring. Our relationship hasn't been the same since and I still feel like he doesn't trust me with anything. We argue more now and I don't like it because he and I argue when our children are in the room. I have attempted to talk to him, but he doesn't talk to me!!! I feel aweful about what happend and wish I could go back, but I can't!!!! Any advice would be appreciated.

qustnmrk28

Asked by qustnmrk28 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• My DH lost his wedding ring and we haven't even been married for 2 years. I was irritated at first because it cost a lot of money but it doesn't bother me really anymore. I know that women's rings cost a lot more than men's usually do, bt if the issue was only the ring, then he should be over it by now. If he's having a hard time talking to you, then you might need to find a professional to help him work through his issues or who can help you both. If his marriage and family mean that much to him, he should have no problem going to family therapy to work things out
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Talk to him try couples counseling. healing starts with communication.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I would have a serious talk w/ him. This isn't about losing your ring. You may have to get some relationship or marital counseling. And PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE IN FRONT OF THE KIDS!! I hope for all involved you get things resolved & back on track. Best of luck!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I would say ask him but he will probably say yes just to avoid an argument. You can just tell if someone is in love with you. There are no specific things. Like for me, I could tell my husband was in love with by the way he would talk so highly of me to his friends and family, when he would tell me he loved me so much after arguments or lovemaking, and other things like the way he would stare at me while I was just doing doing normal stuff like cooking or putting on my makeup. Probably sounds dumb, but that's how I could tell. Now is another story. I know he loves me but he definitely isnt in love like he used to be.
    noteven1nce

Answer by noteven1nce at 4:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• U don't think he loves you because you lost your wedding ring? If that's the case, you had to have been having problems before that or he is having issues unknown to you..it seems to me that if you two had a loving realtionship..losing your wedding ring (which is an honest mistake) wouldn't be a marrige breaker..and wouldn't cause your husband to fall out of love.

Besides that..if i was feeling the was he's making you fell I might start considering counseling. It all seems pretty trite to me.
    eatmyshorts

Answer by eatmyshorts at 4:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• What bases did you use to "tell" he was in love with you before?

Only you know what made you feel/believe he was in love with you at one time. If you feel that he may not be now, then only you would know what to look for in order to judge whether he is or isn't .

In regards to the arguing all the time. That is usually a sign that there are unresolved issues/problems/resentments in a relationship. To figure out why the fighting all the time is happening, the two of you must first dig deep into yourselves and your relationship and find what the root of the problems really are. Then begin working together to address and rectify those problems/issues/resentments that are present within yourselves &/or your relationship.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I would venture to guess that this is not just a matter of a lost ring. Your husband sounds like he is having deeper issues with the relationship than that. A lost ring should have you questioning his love for you.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• why doesn't he get you another wedding ring then, if thats the only problem. unless it's you who doesn't want to wear the wedding ring. is the one not in love with him. so you don't wear the ring. talk to him and explain to him why you don't want to wear the wedding ring.and see if that helps. I think I know the problem ,and the answer. but its between you both so I will stay out of this one. good luck.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 4:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2011