Is this WRONG?!

One of my girlfriends, who has four children ( two of whom don't live with her and her boyfriend because they don't have a home large enough ) just got a large sum of money and she spent it on a brand new truck for herself. The truck isn't even a four-seater, they still have a minivan........but it seems pretty selfish to me and this girl has been my friend for years, so I feel obligated to tell her I think she's making a big mistake and I think she will regret it. Her kids don't even have a room in her house and this is what she is spending $25k on.....just think she is making an enormous and selfish mistake. And I don't think anybody else has talked to her about this because they just can't even believe it. Should I say something to her?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• No you shouldnt, its her business. Plus 25k is not enough to buy a bigger house.
    if you really feel the need to talk to her just ask "are you sure thats what you want to spend that money on?' and leave it at that
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I would but its to late she already got the truck.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• They have an apt, so I don't see why 25k couldn't help pay for a bigger apt...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Clearly she is selfish. If you say anything it could ruin your f riendship.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• 25 k is a nice ass own payment for a bigger place
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• *down
    mommy_of_two388

• I think it is horrible, she should have used the money to get into a bigger apartment for her children to be with her. I think she is incredibly selfish and honestly I couldn't be friends with someone like that (after she did this). I have had friends that have abandoned their children/neglected them and I just can't stand to be around them anymore. I personally would let her have a piece of my mind and then be done with her..but thats just me.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• She already bought it, so there's nothing that can be done now. I wouldn't spend 25k on a car, but that's just me. Her money, her life, her decision.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• If she is a good enough mother, no, keep out of her private choices. She might need this truck just to feel better about her lot in life (IDK). These are the days of her life too, not just of her kids. x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 4:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• thats messed up of her, and to te pp above.. even it she had her own place and not an apartment 25 k would have bought an extension for the house..

it is very selfish op

BUT saying something wont change the situation, she proabbly can't take the truck back now.. so it's up to you, if you say something, you will probably lose your friendship over it.. (personally I wouldn't want to remain friends with someone like that anyways, but that's me).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2011