Do you know.....

if baby gets more active (like way more active than usual) or clams down before labor starts? Or does it not matter? Whats your experience? I dont think I'm going into labor or anything like that or trying to guess when it'll happen. I'm just trying to keep my mind occupied.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• the baby moves less when ur about to have it
    Anonymous

• As the baby gets bigger they have less room to move, so they are less active, but anything less than 10 movements per hour is cause for concern. they can still move around at that point, just not do gymnastics anymore. lol

Right before labor starts and during labor they will barely move as well because labor is hard on them too, so they are focused on what is happening to their home, not moving around.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My daughter hardly moved the day before i was induced.
    MommyBre21

Answer by MommyBre21 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I honestly think the whole they run out of room thing is not as true as everyone thinks it is. I'm almost 39 weeks and my son still finds a way to do flips and roll around. He's just as active as he's always been. He doesnt act like he's outta room and according to the doctor, he's a big boy lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• babies typically "calm down" in the third trimester because they start to run out of room in there to move around in. If baby STOPS moving all together though that is concerning and you should talk to your doctor.. there is a kick count you can do.. 10 movements in an hour is what you should be getting and you should check once a day (or more if your doctor suggests so).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• The baby will definitely calm down as you approach labor because he will move into your birth canal and there isn't a lot of room in there to move. :-)
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 6:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2011