Where and when did you make your closet friend(s)?

Womamhood

Asked by Womamhood at 4:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I made my closest, dearest friend while I was in the Peace Corps. That was close to 30 years ago.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Strangely enough, in the labor room,when I had my 1st baby. She was having her 4th,and she was SO much help to me! We got so close during that long night we were both in labor, and she was awesome. It is going to be 27 years this Wednesday (her daughter is about 3 hours older than my son), and I love her more today than I did then, she is truly a great friend,and a gift from God.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My closest friends where made out on our street.. I grew up on a block that always had kids playing in the street (dead end) & everyone knew everybody..

As a teen we moved, and there where no kids on that street :( and times where changing then (kids spent more time on computer/video games) then my friends came from school.

The only "true friend" ive kept all these years is my bff that i met through her older brothers (but she is my age) we met outside of school, then got closer in school.. We remained friends through me movie, and now we have kids that are 6mo apart :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• One is my stepsister, another I met in church when I was 11, one I met at a party in High School and one was in my first Army unit.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• lol move* not movie!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Met her when I moved down the street from her, and we became best friends. No matter where I moved (we moved alot) she and I stayed in touch through letter (in the mail) and visits. She has been my "sister" for nealry 18 years. I love her more then wrods can say, and she knows me better then I know myself at times! lol. It's nice that we live in the same town and our kids can grow up together. I also have a really good friend/mother figure that I met 6 years ago where I was working. I am more close to her then I am my own mother, and I love her as one. I can talk to her about anything at all and she is always there and willing to help out in any way she can. This past year, she was dignosed with terminal diesease. I dont want her to leave me, and I know she is dying, and she is ok with it, she is at peace. I just am not sure how now that I have become so close to her, to loose her.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Elementary school, back in 1977, we are all still friends to this day
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 4:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Elementary school in 95'. We always wanted to be popular but both never fit in. We had so many things in common and we loved eachother whole heartedly and she was the only best friend I ever had. To this day, I still cannot replace her!
    noteven1nce

Answer by noteven1nce at 5:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I met my BFF in high schoo,l we have been best friends for the past 10 years.
    paufonseca

Answer by paufonseca at 7:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• College
    dlee620

Answer by dlee620 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2011