Does/Do Your Toddler(s)?

Does/do your toddler(s) know how to remove a child safety door knob? If so, how old are they? My 3, 2, and 1 y/o can all remove them in a matter of seconds. They turn the cover so that the separation point sits at the top of the door knob, grip both sides and drop their weight down on it and it just pops right off.

dedicatedrider

Asked by dedicatedrider at 4:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No. but he knows how to open a medicne bottle that has the child lock on it. He is only 2. These kids are getting smarter and smarter. The best thing I can do is keep a good eye on him.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My son was Houdini when he was little. He could open anything and get out of any carseat.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 5:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Yes, my son will climb on top of something and pull it right off- he's 21 months.
    MommyofTwo331

Answer by MommyofTwo331 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Nope... maybe you need a different brand of lock? My son can hang on the ones we own all he wants, they won't budge.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• my son is too short to try to get it off. i know he could figure it out; he is very smart and figures things out VERY quickly! he actually kinda accepts things like the doorknob and other things we tell him are off limits
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 9:26 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I have to admit we have never used these. But we do have a chain lock on our door. Dd now---probably---won't just go out by herself but we keep it locked for habit. Ds will be trying to open doors at some point :)
    Valleylily

Answer by Valleylily at 7:13 PM on Jul. 25, 2011