how do you trace an email? I have been getting emails from made uo accounts. can some one help me trace it?

I have been getting them sent to my hotmail account. Im not are how to get the info needed to trace it or if it is even possible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• All you can do is notify hotmail if they are harrassing. Hitting the delete key is easy too. Don't let someone have the satisfaction of upsetting you. Also, you can modify your email preferences to allow mail only from your friends, or whomever you spefically allow.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Why, what do they say? Just curious. You should be able to block that email account by going to your email settings.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Trace email, IP Address lookup, email directory, Instant message ...
    Search email, trace IP instant message or email, Lookup email IP address, track IP address, email directory, IP Check, Background Checks.
    abika.com/Reports/verifyemail.htm
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• How to find the sender's original IP Address using Email message ...
    Guide to tracking of emails to find sender's IP address using email headers. ... Return-Path: The email address for responding to the message ...
    www.johnru.com/active-whois/trace-email.html -
    vbruno

• Are these emails personal emails to you, like harrassing emails? If so follow the other mom's advice. But they may just be junk email. Certain websites that you go to will download spy software onto your computer, that gives them your email addy. Just be careful what websites you visit.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Those IP things don't really work. Unless you have someoone from the FBI doing it for you. I have checked my own to see and It shows I came from 5 different states.
    Just hit the button in your junk mail box that's for Phishing Scams.
    Anonymous