Would you ever move in with your mother?

My dad died last month and my mom was not prepared financially for it. So her option now is to get a roommate or lose her house. She is wanting us to move in with her. So it would be my husband and I and our three kids.
There are some real benefits for all of us, but I am not sure we can handle living with her... everyday!
I love my mom and am sure we could work our any problems, but I am still worried.

Would you ever move in with your mother?Are there any circumstances that would change your mind?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 5:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I would. There deffinately would be boundaries set about everything though
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 5:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I live with my mom. I can afford not to, but after my husband died it was helpful to have another person around to raise my kids. The extra money she gives me for rent isn't necessary, but it doesn't hurt either. We have our issues and but heads, but I really don't know what I would have done without her.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• no i am sorry but i can't live with my mom day in day out. i would help her financially but i would not move in with my man and kids. i love my privacy too much.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I have. And 2 1/2 months were enough for me. I packed my stuff within a day and moved out of state. It was suppose to be only temporary to begin with. Dh had lost his job and went to Ohio to make a start for us. I stayed in KY because I was pregnant and my job was our only income. I ended up paying my mothers bills so my income wasn't helping us at all! Me and my mother do not get along though. Never have and never will.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• It would be tough and there would be many sacrifices but I would do it. She needs you and your family right now. You should be there for her.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 5:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I don't know, If I could do it. I've been on my own too many years. How old are your kids? What does your husband think?
    I feel this will happen in my life sooner or later, but my kids are already older. So, it would be more like just her and I..
    Would she have her own room? transportation? Would she help watch the kids? Pay rent? there are so many questrions.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My mom moved in with us 4 years ago,when my daughter got married and moved out. Her health is not all that great, so I feel better knowing she is right here in the house with us. She raised my by herself,and I feel priveledged to be able to care for her in her later years.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Yes. I live with my mom now because my due date is around the corner and my husband recently got a job where he travels alot. I will stay for about a month because I will want some help with the baby and until my husband can save enough money to get us some furniture and stuff for our new home.

I bet your mom would really appreciate that!
    noteven1nce

Answer by noteven1nce at 5:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My own mother? I won't even speak to or see my mother, and I don't want my children knowing her.
    In your situation, I may consider it. If you two have a good relationship, I think that's half the battle right there.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• BWAHAHAHA...NO EFFING WAY.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 5:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2011