Thoughts & Advice on TTTS please???

I am 4 1/2 months pregnant with identical twin boys...

Unfortunately, we just found out that i have a slight twin-to-twin transfusion sydrome... We found out july 1st... n had our follow up july 6th...there was no changes but we are scheduled for another follow up this tuesday july 12th...to check if they have gotten worse or hopefully better...if worse comes, the doctor says she will reffer us to San Francisco Hospital to get treatments... i am reaching out to those who are going through or have gone through the same thing to give me some advice or thoughts...also if you can tell me if u had treatments, did it work?...n how did u feel about it altogether... Please help us out...i am so scared about losing my boys to TTTS... Reading n seeing those videos of those lost loveones makes me cry n super scared...But I refuse to give up hope n i am determine to do whatever it takes to save my babies... so far my babies loves to move alot n surprise me... im hoping that things will get better... God be with us n keep my babies safe from harm... i could use lots of support from cafemoms, friends, n families...

jkkpotters

Asked by jkkpotters at 5:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I know nothing about TTTS but my thoughts are with you. Good luck. Hugs.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I had b/g twins so never had to deal with this, but I did work with a pharmacist whose twin girls survived it, they are doing quite well, I hope for the best for you and your family
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 6:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I didn't go through this, but a friend of mine did. She had careful monitoring. Her girls were taken by C section at 33 1/2 weeks, but they are happy, healthy, normal 12 year olds today.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• i will pray things work out & yes treatment & god"s prayer will help u & your love 1s through this if u need a friend iam here my friend had small twins that had stay in hospital 6 weeks but thier healthy now ill pray for all u e-mail me friends 4 ever barbiedeeharris@yahoo.com
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Oh, a friend of ours just deleted his blog about it - he and his wife went through it. The only "treatment" they had was she was on complete bedrest and had to eat a very high amount of protein, and they went for frequent ultrasounds. Theirs was an extreme case though - at one point, one baby was over 4 lbs and the other baby was barely 1 lb. They lived in New Jersey and doctored at CHOP in Philly. Another mom from my kids' school had twins less than a year ago - no signs of ttts but there was almost 3 lbs difference between the babies. Just like with any other health issue, stay off the internet, don't research because it'll make you worry more, etc - which is not good for any baby in utero! Just follow dr's orders, seek a second opinion if you wish, but just concentrate on growing healthy happy babies ;). Hugs to you!
    Anonymous