Can i start nursing my 2 month old or is it too late ?

I would like to nurse my 2 month old to save money. But i haven't found a answere.

Nell16

Asked by Nell16 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You will most likely be able to relactate, here's a link for you: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/relactation.html

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 6:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• if you still have milk, and ur not on a BC that messes with your milk then yes...
    Anonymous

• Yes, you should be able too try it. If you don't have milk you can try too produce some by using a Nursing pump.
    Also last I new the was only one BC pill you can take with nursing that is called Micronor. I have nursed 3 girls for extended
    time.So if you have more questions let me know.
    jewelz2u

Answer by jewelz2u at 6:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• It's never too late. First step is to see if she will latch. If she will, it will probably be a bit easier. If she will latch, just nurse her often. Offer about half hour before a scheduled feed. Then do your usual bottle after. Try slowly decreasing the amount in the bottles and keep an eye on diapers. Pump if you can. Look into a supplemental nursing system. Get help from La Leche League. If you're on any hormonal BC, I suggest stopping, at least for now, and using condoms or something as BC. You CAN do this, if it's what you want. Try latching her and get back to us on how that goes. I/we can advise you further from there.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Thank you for the answer. and i went to the web page and read everything. very helpful thanks
    Nell16

Comment by Nell16 (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• There are some natural meds and a tea called mothers milk... Can be bought at whole foods
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2011