Does your teenager have stupid-itis? Is it normal?

My 14 year old does some of the dummest things. Oh, I didn't know if you put a piece of cooked chicken in the microwave for 20 minutes, it would blow up. And other things. Do they go through a really stupid no common sense thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I am so glad that my teen is not the only one who made Ramen noodles without water. He actually burned out my parents microwave and they had to buy a new one. The sad thing is, my dad was in the other room when he did it and didn't think the smell of smoke was anything to worry about!!!!

But, yes, my 15 year old son has stupiditis!!! I can't wait until it goes away. When does it go away?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My son did have this "itis" LOL. He made EASY MAC (microwave macaroni and cheese that you simply add water to and cook) WITHOUT water. He not only did this once but TWICE. DUH!!! :-)
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 6:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My kid made top ramen in the microwave with no water and the microwave caught on fire and burned up.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• There are times both my teenagers (14 & 16) have stupid-itis. I think it's partly due to all the hormones that are floating around. They both are good students but the lack of common sense amazes me.
    cege

Answer by cege at 6:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• oh my , just remembering all the stupid things I did when i was a teen makes me scared for when mine are teens...

one thing that my dad still teases me about it : I was trying to be nice, and was making everyone hotdogs for lunch, I was boiling them, AND turning them over so they would cook on both sides ! lol.....

of course when my dad pointed out I didnt have to turn them, I got mad, thought I was right and stomped up to my room.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 9:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2011