My nephew is acting like a devil

My sister in law and her 12 yr. old son is fighting all the time, my nephew hits his mom whenever his angry or he cant get something he wants, he hits his siblings and look like a hungry tiger that could eat all of us.He disrespects all of us even his grandpa,he throws disrespecting words and insults.Is there a problem with my nephew? does he need a psychiatric or something?He always say "kill me or ill kill you" i dont know how can i help him i really believe that he is not normal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• NOBODY should give up on a 12 year old.

Your sister needs to GROW UP and realize that she is failing her child.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 10:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• sounds like he needs his ass beat.and the kill me or i'll kill you thing i would seek some help get counseling or something and that would scare me i would be sleeping with one eye open but i would seriously get him some help
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:42 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• He def needs help. That is very inappropriate/disrespectful behavior for his age. For any age really! I would talk to your sister. Im sure she is taking this harder than anyone else. Her first step would prob be to talk to the school counselor and his dr. Then go from there. GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:58 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• He is def old enough to know better and he will only get worse if this isnt addressed asap
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:00 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Where is his father? Have there been any big changes in his life recently?

This behavior usually doesn't come out of "nowhere" - was he an angry toddler?

How is he doing at school? First step would be make sure everyone is safe, then counselors and his doctor need to be involved.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 8:19 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• His father is working abroad,he stopped schooling because he doesnt do his school tasks,writing,projects,he ignores them.He beats his classmates whenever he wants.He was an angry toddler i guess,he started acting like this since 3.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• How is this up for discussion? Is your sister just refusing to deal with it?

Take him to the doctor, get a treatment plan and medication, let the kid know that there is hope and he's not actually evil. He's probably so upset with himself and sad that he can't even think straight.

He's 12. He's a child. SOMEONE needs to be an adult here and take care of him - sounds like it should have been done a long time ago.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• He needs his butt beat and rules laid out really hard....Plus he needs psychiatric help!!
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 9:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I certainly hope that you are not referring to him as "the devil" when he is around.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:46 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I am trying my best not to shout on him or throwing his words back,im jus human sometimes when i see him shouting on his mom,i also lose my temper but in the end i still pity on him,her mom i think is totally gave up on him but il try to convince her to seek a proffesional help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Dec. 17, 2008