Looking for work and need school hours. Anyone else work school hours and what kind of job?

I am going thourgh a divorce and need work but want school hours due to babysitter and have none. I need monday -friday. Someone told me a job cleaning the court house or even a retirement home. I have done hotel cleaning but might even try for food service. Any info would be great.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 6:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• The best option that I know of that I have seen many women utilize is working for the school district. Working in the cafeteria, working janitorial..etc. Those jobs are school hours, have the same days off usually, usually include benies..etc..

Working in retirement homes/nursing homes carries a 7 day around the clock schedule in many departments. Even working in the food service department has hours outside of school hours. And it's hard to have a guaranteed set schedule in food/janitorial depts as well in most cases.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Do you have any customer service experience? What about a bank teller? :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Try a daycare! Usually very flexible with hours.
    hazeleyezmommy

Answer by hazeleyezmommy at 7:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• You can also apply with your local court house. They usally work to accomodate you. You can also apply with them and see if you qualify for child care service, that they pay for. Good luck hon
    elijahsmama09

Answer by elijahsmama09 at 7:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I never thought about daycare work. My sister babysits from home but if had sick kids and was watching them I would feel bad since i would have to take them along. My parents watch her boys just for that reason. I had jobs If husband would Have let me move but would not.
    momindiana

Comment by momindiana (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• The school district would be your best bet but remember that working school hours is only about 32 hours a week which doesn't pay very much.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:50 AM on Jul. 11, 2011