Twins?

I went to my first prenatal appointment yesterday. They did a pelvic exam and all that fun stuff, but while she was doing it she asked me if I was certain on my dates. I have been tracking my periods forever TTC. So of course I told her yes. She told me that my uterus felt bigger than 8 weeks. I immediately thought twins. What is the possiblity, just by the size of my uterus? Crazy I know...Just curious. Thanks!

anerd05

Asked by anerd05 at 6:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The size of your uterus can definitely indicate that you are carrying twins but there are many other reasons that your uterus can be bigger. You'll know what's causing it when they do the unltrasound I guess.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 7:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• even sometimes they dont see it on the ultrasound. I had twins and didnt know it untill I lost one. And one of the nurses said the same thing to me. "your uterus is big for being 9 weeks. Are you sure your just having one?" lol. so you might be. Ask them to check your hormone lvl. that should help determin too.
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 8:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2008