Anywork at a retirement home for cleaning or food service. School hours? do you enjoy it?

Any info would be great. I have done hotel cleaning but do not know about a retirement place. I know I could never clean hospital rooms but does any have any help with retirement work. thanks. Do you enjoy it?

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 6:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• Go to you local school district office and find out how you can work for the food service or apply for a teacher aid; work as a cross guard or in the cafeteria monitor during school hours. They might have job bulletin board there.   GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I have not worked at one but became friends with a server and a housekeeper at the place where my mom was. The housekeeper loved it. Some residents were very particular, but overall most were very appreciative. But the server was not too happy because there are a lot of demands when it comes to the food. Unhappiness with items and slow service,etc. If the place is well run these concerns are less of a problem. If you interview for server you might ask if service now is timely. GL
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2011