My 4yr old just climbed through his window into the backyard

scared the living crap out of me!!!! Couldnt find him and starting crying then he says mom Im in the back yard. OK SO IM PISSED OFF.. And I dont SPANK!. but I want to.. He is in the corner now. I think I might make him sit there for 20 min. any other ideas. thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Im like sitting there calling him for 2 min FELT LIKE FOREVER walking around the house .. NO ANSWER LITTLE ASSHOLE( i DONT Really feel this way just venting)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• While he is sitting there try to explain why this is a no no, in a calm way....

Answer by older at 6:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Thank you older Im waiting to calm down and he is the corner right now . Its been 5 min.. I think 15 min should be long enough Sucks bc now I CANT have his window open..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I'm glad he was okay. I would have been frantic like most all mothers except for.....

meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• That sucks Anon. He is so young to be doing that. Try not to have a talk with him until you are calm. It won't do any good if you aren't calm. Good luck.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• It happens to the best of us! My girls did a joint effort, and during naptime, popped the screen out threw out there stuffed animals and escaped to Gma's. 20 minutes, that's all it took, and my MIL called me." The girls are here, did you send them?" I was livid and scared, anything could have happened!
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 6:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• How can I stay mad when he feel alseep in the cornor .LOL Put him in his bed..we will talk when nap time is over.. thanks ladies
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I know that this is probably not the best advice, because I KNOW I went overboard, but when my daughter decided to walk to my sisters at about that age, I flipped out telling her all the terrible things that could happen. Kids just don't know why things are dangerous. I would rather know I overreacted if it meant she never did it again, rather than under-react and have it happen again the next day with deadly consequences.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I'm so glad you found him and he's okay.. kudos on finding him and being alert enough for him to only be out there for 2 minutes..
    I dont' know what you tell you about the window.. maybe a screen with a mini gate infront of it? I wouldn't say bar it, but something temporary so you can get it out of the way but he can't?
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Im still panicked and he is fast alseep. go figures
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2011