'Captain America' Undergoes Title Change In Three Countries .......this is just stupid...

ok I find this to be stupid because its STILL a movie about Captain AMERICA. I mean are they going to dub that out throught the entire thing? Will he be Captain "hey you" in those 3 countries? It also leads me to believe that the countries who have chosen to do this (because paramount left it up to each country) think their people are stupid. I am not up set because they changed the title, I just find it another example of PC police running amok! I get that titles are changed all the time for translation difficulties but that is NOT the reason why here. What say you?

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/07/05/captain-america-the-first-avenger-title-change/

and yes I DO realize that this isn THE most important event of the week.... ;)

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• talk of the town lately, I think it should stay what it is if it translates
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I think they should keep it as captain america.. if the country wants to change it they can make their own super hero movie with their own money..
    I wouldn't care if roles were reversed and it was named captain china or captain england, etc etc etc..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• So sad
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• {eyeroll}

You know this happens ALL the time right? Here let me help you. The United Stated and the United Kingdom both speak English right? So the first Harry Potter movie released was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in the UK but when it was released in the US it was changed to the "Sorcerer's Stone"

It happens; a lot; for a wide variety of reasons.
    Anonymous

• Are they changing the title or changing his name completely? Title change isn't as big a deal - changing the actual character's name, why even bother showing it?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• LMAO ask a question then don't like it when you get an real answer; how about next time you add a disclaimer that you only want people to respond if they have as narrow of a view of the world as you do. mmmmm-kay?
    Anonymous

• I agree, OP...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• well other countries have that right ....u want ur freedom of choice right dont get mad because this something u disagree with.....
    nateswifey1211

Answer by nateswifey1211 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Ok anon troll I JUST got here. I did not vote down your answer. If you READ what I WROTE you would see that the name change WASNT for translation. I even SAID I get that titles are changed all the time for translation difficulties but that is NOT the reason why here. This title was changed to be PC the harry Potter one was not. Get it? As for freedom of choice....WTH? Its a movie ABOUT Captain AMERICA. What is the POINT of changing the name except to be ridiculous? This is not standard to allow other countries to just rename movies for no other reason but for their agenda.

momof030404

Comment by momof030404 (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Here's the thing. AS OTHERS HAVE ALREADY EXPLAINED: WHen our movies are shown in Foreign Countries, the titles seem to always be changed..and many of the changes don't make sense at all. THIS is just another Movie title being changed. No big deal.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2011