Confused

Why is the doctor telling me i conceived around the 13th of april?But when i count back from my due date of 40 wks 1-4-09, the day lands on 4-6-08.I did not have sex on the wk of the 13th of april.Is that maybe when the egg formed into a baby or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• They go by the FIRST day of your last period. What was the first day of your last period?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• They go by your last menstrual period to start.
    Than based off exams,blood test levels and ultrasounds.
    Other prenatal test they may order for you.
    Also it is just an estimation you could deliver earlier or later than what they originally gave you as a due date.
    As long as the baby is fine & you that is all that matters:>)
    Good luck.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 8:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• also remember. Doctors can be wrong about your due date up to 2 weeks off.
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 8:37 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• As Baby1114 said it is all en estimate. Don't get too stuck on dates, babies make their appearances when they are ready.
    As everyone said, the date is usually 2 weeks further than when you think you got pregnant because it is based off the first day of your last period. Of course this isn't always an accurate measure if you aren't regular.
    For Example: My last period was June 10th, but I didn't get pregnant until July 7th or 8th. What makes it confusing is that I should have some sort of bleeding around July 10th, but I didn't. If I based my due date off my LMP I would be due March 18th, but my due date is April 5th. Of course, I know that the baby will arrive anytime around then. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:46 AM on Dec. 17, 2008