A controlling mom!! adult content

I love my mom, but she s driving me nuts. I have four siblings who work, BUT THEY DON'T HAVE A CAR! She call me almost every day asking if I can pick or take one of them to work. If I say no, then she'll get upset or get nasty toward me, and I'm so sick of her right now. Not one day goes by without my phone ringing, and guess who it is? MOM!!!! I finally told her that it's not my responsibilty to take grown ass people to work. I have my own problems right now. She call me all the time on the phone, and she never say "How are you?" How are the kids? She go right into can you pick up this person or that person? She is rude, and she tries to tell me what to do, and it's driving me crazy. What should I do guys?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Oh my mother is the same, but I have just 1 brother, and she always talking about him and never really asking about the children and I. Let me know if you figure out a good solution other then not answering the phone!
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• It's called caller ID. LOL. I wouldn't answer the phone. Either that or I would flat out say no. Enough is enough. Tell it to her straight. She can't possibly know how you feel used if you don't tell her.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Just because she calls, it doesn't mean you have to pick up. That's what voicemail is for and if she leaves cryptic messages just telling u to call her back, don't. She'll learn. Can't they use the bus? or carpool with other coworkers? It's not your problem so just ignore the calls.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 7:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My mom is similar she never asks how I am doing and expects me to solve the issues between my sister and I. Now I live in another state so she can't really ask me to do things.
    I have decided that she thinks I am fine and don't need any help. And since she only knows how to save people we don't have a relationship and I have 2/3 of the grandkids.
    So I am going to talk to her about it in a calm and loving way. Hopefully we will come to some agreements and build a relationship. I am so nervous, she gets mad when you don't do what she thinks.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• stop picking up the phone when she calls
    Suzy_Sunshine

Answer by Suzy_Sunshine at 8:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Try to sit her down and explain to her that you love her, and dont want the relationship to get any more strained...in fact, you'd like to have BETTER relationship with her. But shes got to start understanding things from your end. You'll help when you can, but you wont be taken advantage of and when you CANT she has to stop getting so upset with you.

My mother passed away almost 4 years ago....and I wish I could complain about her calling too much. I'm not saying your problem isnt a problem...I'm just trying to encourage you to really put in an effort to fix it if you can, because youre mom wont be around forever.
    Good luck!!
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 8:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Tell her not to call you again with these requests, because you are not going to be a taxi anymore. If she's that concerned with your siblings getting rides here & there, tell her to drive them herself. BTW, why is she calling for your siblings; who if they are old enough to have a job, could call you for a ride themselves if they need one? Go get bus/subway schedules for all your siblings & your mom. Give one to each of them, then screen your calls.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 11:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My brother for starters..He's on drugs. He'll take all his money and give it to dealers for drugs, then he's worrying my mom about how to get to work.She calls me with the bs. My older sister is almost 50. She has no license, and a son who is 24 with no license. My mom constantly call me to take her to work too. My little sister is 40, and she uses her boyfriend's car to go work, but then he have days that he has to be to work and she can't get to work, and she calls me too. I literally want to scream at all of them and tell them to leave me the hell alone, I'm so tired. My dad died May of this year from cancer, and the entire time he was sick, I was the one taking him to all his appointments. I didn't mind because I knew he wasn't able to drive, but now that he's gone, I want everybody to just leave me alone. My mom called today and told me that my brother(the one on drugs) can't walk home due to his feet being sore.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Continued:
    I mean she was bossing me around, she was very rude, and I told her no, not my responsibility. I may have to relocate to another city just to escape this.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2011