Bed times?

OKAY Let me reword this to how I actually meant it to sound...

After yuou put your children to bed, do you just lay them down & then go relax & have time for yourself basically getting yourself ready to go to bed after a long day then get up with your kids in the AM...

Or do you Lock them in their room and leave them there, stay up all hours of the night, and let them out when you're good and ready??

I go to bed when my daughter does. I'm a responsible parent & have not & will never "lock" my child in her room. They make BABY PROOF things for around the house for a reason, & I think more people should use them & make their homes a better place for their LO's to be in, rather than locking them in their bedrooms!!!

something_

Asked by something_ at 6:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well my kid is 14 lol. I go to bed way before her!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Well, I don't go to bed when my kids do, but I don't party when they are sleeping. If dh and I went to bed when the kids did, we would never get alone time. Don't assume people who don't go to bed when their kids, that means they are locking them in their rooms and drinking it up. Typically, dh and I watch a movie or a few episodes from a tv series once the kids are sleeping.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Heck no, I put them down, and I use that time to relax, and enjoy the peace and quiet by watching movies, or listening to music on my ipod touch. My BF may come over and we spend some alone time together too. Maybe we'll go out on the porch and talk, or go see a movie.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My boys are 7,5 & 2. They go to bed at a decent hour during the week and on weekends if thye behave are allowed to stay up and we watch a movie or play games. They go to their beds and I leave the doors cracked. They have night lights in each room (plus the bathroom for nighttime potty visits) Dh and I go to bed a hour or two later and work our computers or tv. Call me crazy, but I still also keep a baby monter in the room so I can hear them. Our home is well baby proofed, and we never have locked them in their rooms.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I go to my room (but not to sleep) when my youngest (9) is asleep but have never "locked " any of my 3 kids in their rooms. My 14 year old stays up much later than anyone else. My husband comes to bed soon after I go into the bedroom and we watch tv or uhh...okay, watch tv. LOL.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My kids have a routine. At the end they know they are expected to stay in bed. Usually takes anyway from 5-20 min for them to fall asleep.
    In the morning I don't get up with them, I am not getting up at 5 something or anytime before 7 am. So they know they are allowed to play quietly in their room or the playroom upstairs. They do after 7 am they come in and my oldest asks to go down stairs. She does and get breakfast going for her sister and herself. They are 6 & 3.

They aren't locked in but there are boundaries.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2011