Best Birth control you can get?! Also, Do you get periods with the type of BC your on?

Proudnewmommy11

Asked by Proudnewmommy11 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• It depends on you. I am taking sesonique or something like it. I haven't had any trouble but it has only been a few weeks, no spotting or periods so far.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Abstinence, lol. It's different for everyone. There are so many different types for this reason.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• In the book taking charge of your fertility there is a natural birth control method and yes you would still get your monthly visitor
    Anonymous

• Everyone responds to birth control differently.

I'm on TriNessa...I had to switch from Yazmin because my periods (which have always been regular and 4 to 5 days long, never heavy) had gotten ridiculously heavy (which was draining me because I'm anemic) and I started getting super painful cramping. I have been on TriNessa since April and it's been very good to me.

I'm a weirdo. I want my period every single month. I want to know that I'm not pregnant and my bc is working. I don't like trying to alter what my body should be doing every month. I have a 5 day period and it's not heavy. It's the same time every month, no spotting outside that week :)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 7:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• "Best" varies from person to person. For me, it's Yasmin. I've tried the Mirena (worst POS ever, in my opinion), the Depo shot (almost as bad as Mirena for me), and about 6 other kinds of pills. For me, Yasmin is the only kind that works well. I have a monthly period, and I hate having it any other way. I like getting my period each month.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Before I had my tubes tied my favorite was NuvaRing. If you use it as the pamphlet says then you do get periods, but my dr always said I could insert it for 3 weeks, then take it out and immediately put a new one in - no periods.

Answer by missanc at 8:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• It really depends on the person. My doctor recently gave me a prescription for a pill that you take for three months straight in order to help prevent migraine with my period... the downside is that it may delay my period, but gives me such persistant spotting that I would rather just have a period instead! After being on the minipill for ages (infrequent periods, irregular spotting), a regular pill (regular periods, no spotting) and the three month pill (fewer periods, irregular spotting) I would personally much rather have a period that I know when to expect than reduced periods with totally random breakthrough bleeding!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I have the Paragard IUD - no hormones, no thinking about it for up to 10 years. It does make your period more heavy, more crampy and longer and you get spotting between periods. But it's super effective and it doesn't alter your natural hormonal state.
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2011