Anyone else have a double uterus?

This is my 3rd baby. I was told ONLY at the end of my SECOND pregnancy that i have a double uterus. I didnt really ask about it and i didnt really look it up. I was just curious if anyone else had a double uterus?

RickysGirl411

Asked by RickysGirl411 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My hubby is a nurse and he said he has never heard of that.
    Anonymous

• Do you actually have two separate uteruses or a bicornuate uterus which is heart shaped?

I don't have it. I just read an article about a mom with a bicornuate uterus. My mom met a lady when she was in the hospital with me that had two vaginas and two uteruses.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• He said its a double uterus....i remember with my second cesarean, the dr took it out and showed my (At that time) husband the the baby stayed on one side the whole time. When i saw a picture of it recently at the dr...it showed two side by side circles. Ill have to ask more detail when i go back to the dr cuz i am curious lol.
    RickysGirl411

Comment by RickysGirl411 (original poster) at 7:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I don't have it, but I have heard of it.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Well my husband's specialty isn't female issues but he was astounded. I think its totally possible.
    Anonymous

I can totally understand why some medical professionals haven't heard of it. I think it's really rare. The only reason I had heard of it is because I'm addicted to those shows on The Discovery Health Channel. I saw it on one of those.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:07 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Ill have to ask more in depth when i go again because i guess since its ME, i should know about it, haha.
    RickysGirl411

Comment by RickysGirl411 (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2011