when can I start the Stage 2 baby foods...

Hello, my son's 6 months! He's alrd been on the beginner food's for at least 4 week's. He's almost finished with all the fruit's now and has no allergies to any veggies. I'm wondering when I can move to the stage 2 food's, the jar food's that have more to them..I know some are for starting around 8 months but what about the other stuff?? Thank's!

aidansmyheart

Asked by aidansmyheart at 7:21 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can do them when you have done all the stage ones. I usually buy the stage 2 veggies sinc they are normally cheaper for the larger size. Its still the same veggie. lol I'm a cheapsate though.
    kristinlimon

Answer by kristinlimon at 8:26 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• ya know i read these questions and i used to answer them but everyone has a different opinion and only you know your child if they have done the fruits and veggies and everything was fine only you know if he is ready for the next step. my daughter was on solid people food at six months. so this is up to you if both of you are ready to move on then go for it. good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:08 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Thanks! I agree with what your saying, I just kind of want to get an idea of when other mother's out there did it.
    aidansmyheart

Answer by aidansmyheart at 8:20 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I started my daughter on the stage 2 foods at 6 months. But I'm one of those people who reads too much information and tries to always stick to "the rules" of parenting. Haha. The weird thing was my daughter refused all green veggies (even after eating them just fine in the stage 1 foods) until just about a month ago when she was 8 months old when she suddenly started chowing down on them (so what you read about trying all foods numerous times before giving up held true for us). I figured out that the texture of the stage 2 greens was more pasty than the orange veggies that are more pulpy. Each baby is different.. but that's the experience I had. For me switching to stage 3 foods at 9 months was harder because some of the foods are really chunky and thick and others aren't so my baby was not fond of the very thick chunky blends at first. She has been eating Earth's Best organics just for a point of reference.
    Mommy2AddieE

Answer by Mommy2AddieE at 9:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• In this economy, it's a wonder that anyone can afford jarred baby foods. My son is 10 months old now and we started him on "big" people foods at 8 months, things like mashed veggies, pureed meats, etc. He is very healthy and our doctor (who is a natural worry-wart) says that he is doing very well, if not a pound or two over the normal weight for a baby his age.

Everyone's opinion is different on this particular subject and this is just mine...good luck!
    FamilyAffair9

Answer by FamilyAffair9 at 10:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• u can start if you did all the allergy trials
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:38 AM on Dec. 17, 2008