How would you feel...

If the person that you love and trust and their opinion values more then anything, tells you're a bad wife and mother? Never even apologizes. You know you're not a bad wife or mother and you try your best to be a good wife and mother? You don't know why this person who is suppose to love and cherish you said this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Did you ask him why he said this? It must come from somewhere. Tell him you're open to the idea of change but it's only fair that he explain why he feels this way. It has to start in small steps of reasoning. Don't put him into a defensive mode but show you are open to exploring what this means. This will de-escalate the situation from being a full-blown fight. "You say I'm a bad wife and mother, so are you saying that you would like for me to improve on something? (yes) Are you saying this because you are willing to help me see what needs to be changed or because you're just frustrated? How does it feel when XYZ happens or doesn't happen? I'm trying to understand what you mean when you say [fill in the blank]. What do you think could help? Are you willing to support me and commit to helping me improve our relationship?" If he has no commitment, it's no use but if he responds, there's hope for you both.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 7:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Sometimes when people are mad, they say the things they KNOW are going to hurt/piss off the other person as much or more than they themselves are hurt/pissed off. I do it occasionally, and so does my DH. I'd think it was that, especially if he said he said it because he was mad.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I would want to know why and I would be crushed. Was the person mad at you? I am sorry. Hugs.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• hugs

Some people say things out of anger, and do not really mean them. Try having a talk and see what the root of it was, but never let someone treat you bad that is supposed to love you.

sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 7:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• the one who said it may guilty about something
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I told him how much it crushed me and he didnt even apologize.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• He said he said it because he was mad but when people are mad they say things that they think are true most of the time
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My response to the guy? "Takes a bad parent & a bad spouse to know one honey!" No way would I tolerate an insult like that, when I KNEW damn well it wasn't true!
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 11:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2011