Thinking about opening a small on the side business..looking for ideas/opinions.

A good friend and I are thinking about starting a small business on the side. We are both very creative. She has been making beautiful hair bows/headbands for little ones. I have been making tutu's for girls newborn and up. Also we have the little accessories like paci holders, monogrammed things. On top of that we have been taking our girls pictures. We have a back drop, some nice props and a really nice camera. Thinking about doing little diva photo shoots. Any ideas of what else we could make along with the few things so far. Any suggestions on how we could get this running? Also would you buy from us, how much is a good price for these things? We were thinking about starting at a craft show to get our name and items out there.

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• Hello!

My mother is very creative as well! Unfortunately I did not inherit that trait! LOL So I commend anyone who is very arts and crafty and able to make such beautiful things from various products and materials! :-)

In regards to getting your business up and running and marketing yourself out there among the masses. I have a great company who has the BEST marketing tools and strategies unlike anything else out there.

I run my own business as well and I know that it will really take my business to a whole another level. (I just purchased it today!)
    It shows you how to use the internet as well as the social networking sites to brand and market yourself and be one step up from your competitors.

If you're interested in learning more, you can send me a message here or my e-mail at gkyomig@gmail.com

Goodluck!!

Kyomi
    Kyomi

Answer by Kyomi at 9:04 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Before you can take on a large craftshow... which around here runs pretty expensive, try farmers markets and flea markets! and get yourselves a website! etsy.com is a great place they charge 10 cents to list each item for 6 mths artfire.com is completely free if you want to go that route! Put your store on buisness cards for repeat buisness. Or better yet... if you use etsy you can do coupon codes for repeat customers. ;)

Good luck with your new buisness!
    cmboyd_1999

Answer by cmboyd_1999 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'd just use Etsy ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2011