So effin irritated, annoyed, pissed and then some...vent

So I am on the train with my LO's and my daughter sat down beside this older white lady. The lady yells at my daughter and says DON'T YOU SIT HERE!! So I gave her (the lady)a real dirty look and told her(my dauggter) to sit down. So then my daughter starts playing with her baby brother and the lady says DONT DO THAT!! so then I went off telling her dont talk to my kid like that again. She is 6! If you have a problem with her you come to me. She tells me I dont want her skin to touch me.......It took everything not to punch her in the face!! Really?? Who the hell do you think you are?? Wtf is wrong with my daughters skin??? Im confused and livid...ugh

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 7:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• How did no one else on the metro notice this? I would have at least offered to switch seats with the old hag to get her to shut up and then called security to have her escorted to her location in a safe manner so I couldn't push her off at the next stop. I'm sorry your daughter had to experience this. I am white and live in an predominant white town full of bigots and assholes and have witnessed this type of ignorance all my life. We had a group of white and black kids playing in our pool and the cops stopped twice. Thank goodness the kids didn't notice, but us adults were pissed and demanded an explanation. They said they were checking our proximity to the power lines. Really? My ass. Let the anger go and love your kids. Let your daughter know that the old lady was wrong to speak to her. Use this as a stranger danger learning opportunity. If Anyone threatens her, she should get a trusted adult to help. Good luck!
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 8:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• With questions like these, I question if they really happened or if it's racial pot stirring. But if it did happen, I would be livid too. I would have reported her.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Was it obvious that it was the skin color that bothered her? Some people are just germophobic, not that it makes her behavior any better. Yes, either way, you have no business on the metro if either bother you!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I would have been irritated too. I probably would have told her that I would prefer if my child's skin didn't touch hers either. Then I would have given her stink eye and looked her up and down.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I can post what I want bc I am a Cafemom member

As can I.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Some people are old school (racist that is)
    That really sucks, I would be just as pissed
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 7:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I would have punished the damn bigot
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Im so livid I can cry!! Like really bitch if you expect a black person to sit beside you maybe you shouldn't be riding metro....ugh
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 7:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I mean really its 2011 come on!!!!!
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I would have reported her bigots ways to the driver and had her thrown off. I dont care how old she is. She shouldnt be treating CHILDREN that way. Or she can sit else where
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2011