If my doc plans on having me deliver by 39 weeks... is my due date earlier?

my initial due date was jan. 26. So, if he plans on having me deliver by the 39th week, am I looking at the 19th?

frizzed

Asked by frizzed at 7:58 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The baby may be getting big and he wants to deliver quicker. Your due date would still be the 26th you would just deliver at the 39th week.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:17 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Like matthews said, your due date would be the 26th still but he wants you to have the baby a week earlier than that. He may be talking about inducing you or if you have a reason it may be a c-section.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 8:20 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Why would he do that?
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 8:57 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• if there was a reason...but if not dont do it, your baby needes every day in there until HE is ready to come out.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:34 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Your due date stays the same. Is there a medical reason for this? Don't let him scare you by saying your baby is too big. That's very unlikely. First time moms who are induced have a 44% chance of getting a c-section.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:08 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• maybe the baby is getting big and thats why. don't worry though, my kids doc said she was going to be 11 lbs, but she was only 8. BTW, are you coming down to NH for x-mas?
    sammygrrlplus1

Answer by sammygrrlplus1 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2008